• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket League thread

biased indian

International Coach
Sanz please be dont be blind in Finding fault with BCCI

Agreed they dont function in a professional maaner but compared to other indian Sports body they are Far Far better

they have given each player 1 lac per game
if you read the link i have provided u could have read the following

The BCCI has also decided to pay the balance amount, aggregating around Rs. 15 crores to first class cricketers who played in the 2004-05 season. Thirteen per cent of the gross revenue of the BCCI is given to first class cricketers. "We have already paid Rs. 16,000 (Rs. 4000 per day). The balance works out to Rs. 48,000 per player. So the total works out to Rs. 64,000 per match. For the fiscal 2006, each player is likely to receive around Rs. one lakh per match,'' said a BCCI official

this was some thing dated Apr 2006...when ther was no ICL around..they had told about this 1 year ago and now you say that they have done it just becuse that ICL has come UP 8-) 8-) 8-)

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
FYI #2 - In the Proposed scheme, the base salary would be Rs. 10000/match Plus a projected profit sharing of Rs. 25000/Day, that makes a total of 35000/Day and a total of 140000/Match.

If you still think that a raise of 250% in base match fee and approx. 100% increase in overall fee is nothing unsual then I have nothing much to say. :wacko:
2005-06 the players recived 16,000 per day making it 64,000 per match

Increase was more than 50% No ICL around :cool:

2006-07 the players recived 25,000 per day making it 100,000 per match

Increase less than 50% With ICL around :wacko:

2007-08 the players to recive 35,000 per day making it 140,000 per match

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz please be dont be blind in Finding fault with BCCI

Agreed they dont function in a professional maaner but compared to other indian Sports body they are Far Far better

they have given each player 1 lac per game
if you read the link i have provided u could have read the following

The BCCI has also decided to pay the balance amount, aggregating around Rs. 15 crores to first class cricketers who played in the 2004-05 season. Thirteen per cent of the gross revenue of the BCCI is given to first class cricketers. "We have already paid Rs. 16,000 (Rs. 4000 per day). The balance works out to Rs. 48,000 per player. So the total works out to Rs. 64,000 per match. For the fiscal 2006, each player is likely to receive around Rs. one lakh per match,'' said a BCCI official

this was some thing dated Apr 2006...when ther was no ICL around..they had told about this 1 year ago and now you say that they have done it just becuse that ICL has come UP 8-) 8-) 8-)
Only person who is being blind is you. In your blind effort to prove BCCI right, you are hiding facts and trying to portray as if you dont understand basic math and keep making false claims.

I have merely stated the figures from their reports and added them.

Please show me where did the 2006 report say that the players' base salary will be raise raise from 4000 to 10000. They project their profit and came up with a figure of about Rs. 21000/Day as their share of the profit + 4000/day as their salary, making it a total of Rs. 25000/Day and Rs. 1 Lakh per Ranji match, fair enough and I am willing to accept that their estimated net profit has increased upto 25,000 (from 21000).

Now if you look at the proposed salary and new projected income, it comes out to be 140000/Match, a difference of Rs. 40,000 per match, major portion( Rs. 24000) of which comes from a 250% increase in the base salaries.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
2005-06 the players recived 16,000 per day making it 64,000 per match

Increase was more than 50% No ICL around :cool:

2006-07 the players recived 25,000 per day making it 100,000 per match

Increase less than 50% With ICL around :wacko:

2007-08 the players to recive 35,000 per day making it 140,000 per match
In 2003-2004 - Base Salary was 3000/Day, No ICL around
In 2004-2005 - Base Salary was 4000/day, No ICL around
In 2005-2006 - Base Salary was 4000/day, No ICL around
In 2006-2007 - Base Salary was 4000/day, No ICL around
in 2007-2008 - Base Salary will be 10000/Day, ICL around
8-) 8-)

biased indian

International Coach
Only person who is being blind is you. In your blind effort to prove BCCI right, you are hiding facts and trying to portray as if you dont understand basic math and keep making false claims.

I have merely stated the figures from their reports and added them.

Please show me where did the 2006 report say that the players' base salary will be raise raise from 4000 to 10000. They project their profit and came up with a figure of about Rs. 21000/Day as their share of the profit + 4000/day as their salary, making it a total of Rs. 25000/Day and Rs. 1 Lakh per Ranji match, fair enough and I am willing to accept that their estimated net profit has increased upto 25,000 (from 21000).

Now if you look at the proposed salary and new projected income, it comes out to be 140000/Match, a difference of Rs. 40,000 per match, major portion( Rs. 24000) of which comes from a 250% increase in the base salaries.

According to the BCCI constitution, 10.5 per cent of the board's gross receipts has to be spent on the payment of wages of domestic cricketers. Accordingly, whenever the board's revenues increase, the wages of domestic cricketers, and international cricketers, increases proportionately

what they have done this year is raised the
cash component - paid in advance form 4000 to 10,000. they have no where used the term salary....

one thing u r forgeting is a player who plays all the Ranji Group matches earn more than 10 lacs.which is sufficent enough amount in indian standard .and most of them will have a job also in some compnay both these added its not a bad deal.wht ICL is offering is 10 lac per annum for top players which is same as wht they get from Ranji trophy.

Any way for me ICL is a bussiness by Zee who lost out on TV rights.what will happen if tommorrow other compnay's who lost out on the delas start their own league .will it benift the Cricket in india .i dont think so..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
what they have done this year is raised the
cash component - paid in advance form 4000 to 10,000. they have no where used the term salary....
Its all semantics, you dont want to use the word salary, then dont use. BCCI uses the word Daily Allowance, Here it is :-

“The committee has recommended that the daily allowance to domestic cricketers be increased from Rs 4,000 to Rs 10,000 per day. But the final approval will have to be given by the general body,”

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmp...9&contentid=20070820200708200340093592e39f86b

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Bengal not getting recognition: Dasgupta

Dire. The selectors love Tiwary and Bose just toured England. SS Paul was sent on a few A tours before falling away and Jhunjhunwala got a chance in the EurAsia series after one good season but did nothing of note. What do you expect?
Indeed. Manoj Tiwary will no doubt get a debut sooner rather than later and India are keen on giving Bose an extended run in the fringes of the team.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont think I disagree with anything in the article. Very well put.

I dont know if that is what you actually think about the ICL issue or just wanted to present a balanced view on the issue , which was kind of missing on your response here in this thread.

pasag

RTDAS
Thanks guys. @ Sanz, the forum posting is more raw reactions to stuff as it develops. Ramblings even. The article is more considered, especially after 'debating' it with you and SS etc and acknowledging (and conceding/compromising to) other viewpoints.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Thanks guys. @ Sanz, the forum posting is more raw reactions to stuff as it develops. Ramblings even. The article is more considered, especially after 'debating' it with you and SS etc and acknowledging (and conceding/compromising to) other viewpoints.
I say you should've stuck to your original "ramblings". I still am. :ph34r: