• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Jono
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Haha, the Raina thing is part wind up, part me genuinely thinking he's better than a lot of our Indian contingent give him credit for. It would be nice if he could provide me with an Exhibit B for my 'reasons Raina is better than you think' argument.
    I think I just expect so much from him because I rate him that highly. Same way KP used to bug the bejeesus out of me or the same way I felt slightly let down by Lara "only" averaging 52.
    How do you not get frustrated by Kohli at times?

And holy ****, dem likes received.
    Hey Jono, any chance of us seeing your photos of the Phil Hughes banner when you get the chance?
    Yeah, the tickets I have are for Bay 30, next to each other. Meet up out in front of Gate C at 10-ish? I really can't be bothered to get in there much earlier tbh.

Also gonna have to enlist you in helping me hang up the Phillip Hughes banner somewhere, since that arrived today.
    Only considering post-2000 stuff I'd have something like:

Sangakkara
    Kallis
    Tendulkar
    Dravid
    Ponting
    Chanderpaul
    de Villiers
    Amla
    Lara
    (Younis)
    Clarke

Or thereabouts. I'd probably have to have a closer look at everyone's careers exactly to make anything I'd be likely to stick by. :p
    Oh right, I just stuck in players who had played post-2000. If we're just talking about performances post-2000 my list would be different. Think I'd have to have Sanga at #1 tbh.
    Tendulkar
    Lara
    Sangakkara
    Kallis
    Dravid
    Waugh
    Ponting
    Chanderpaul
    (Flower)
    de Villiers
    Amla
    (Younis)
    Clarke
    (Jayawardene)
    (Smith)
    (Inzy)
    (Laxman)

Blokes you didn't mention are in brackets. Amla and de Villiers are highly unlikely not to feature higher than that obviously but as I explained I basically assume direness until it's proven otherwise.

Doing that list made me really hope Clarke doesn't retire immediately. I'd class that a disappointing career relative to ability/peak.
    Hey Jono, no worries mate.......if your plans change just let me know.

Nah, it was no big deal getting this happening. Just happened I was between jobs and had some time on my hands so happy to contribute............this place is just awesome so I was just happy to be able to give a bit back.

Have a great Chrissy man and enjoy your days at the G.............I'll be cheering for your boys when I'm there ;)
    Hey mate,

Just wondering if you've nutted out your movements for the MCG test yet? If you're interested in doing the flag thing day 4 can be yours.......you'd have to meet up with me somewhere at the end of day 3 though so I can pass it on..........would also be down to you to post it up to Sydney (if we can get any of the NSW ****s to put their hands up!!)

Anyway mate, let me know either way.

Cheers,

Adam.
    Yeah :(

Losses like this where one guy almost wins it on his own but falls short because of the other numpties have a much more tragic feel. All it needed was one guy to not be a dumbass and hang in there. Depressing as ****.
    Federal seat in the Senate, instead of Ricky Muir. Unless you meant MP in the strict lower house sense.

They actually got a Victorian upper house seat the other day too (almost went to Family First).
    Yeah, they're a socially libertarian party, and their economic policies are similar to that of the ALP. That's why I think they could appeal to some principled people on the left and be good overall for libertarians in that leftists are probably never going to vote for the LDP unless they change their views. Having a voice from the left that actual stood up for civil liberties and social liberalism instead of vested unionist interests and populist voter pandering would be awesome IMO.

They'd actually have an MP right now (instead of Muir) if Leyonhjelm had faxed in his Victorian group ticket preferences in time, so their name hasn't haunted them too much so far. I think it's probably a good way to get attention in what is a really crowded market of minor parties at the moment, but they might need to think about changing it later if they want everyone to take them seriously.
    Hey Jono,

Just wondering if you are going to either or both the Melb/Sydney tests? We're desperately short of volunteers to put our flags up so if you are going and can help out that would be awesome.

Can you let me know asap either way as we need to order these things today and unless we find people willing to do this there isn't much point going ahead.

Cheers mate,

Adam.
    I'm also glad you're pro *** Party. I'm trying to push forward an initiative within the Australian Libertarian Society for our members to convince our left-leaning friends who'd find the LDP's economic policies unpalatable to vote for them. The *** Party has really good libertarian-friendly policies on several issues.. lockouts, drug law, *** work law, smoking, helmets and gay marriage just off the top of my head. I think the party is particularly good for libertarians at state level where the victimless crimes and the nanny state are much bigger issues than the fiscal size of government which states have little control over. Definitely a much more libertarian party at all levels of government than ALP or the Greens, and at state level they're better than the Liberal Party too. Not sure how I feel about us both liking the same party though; that might have to over-ride everything else I just said ;)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…