• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
fredfertang
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Fred, having a crack at your comp from Bloomsbury.

10 for 10 by Chris Waters

Elk Stopped Play by Charlie Connolly

Wisden Cricketers of the Year by Simon Wilde
    My girlfriend got me a copy of 10 for 10 (well, I picked it out and she refused to accept the money for it, so close enough). Absolutely fantastic so far, though I'm only about 30 pages in. I read your review and see you were similarly impressed.
    Fred, what books would you recommend most for a cricket fan? No overly history-heavy would probably be best. But they loved KP and Tresco's books.
    Do you know of anything written on Bill Bowes? Reading 10 for 10 has rather piqued my interest in him, had no idea he was a prisoner of war.
    Surrey v Lancs at the Oval in mid-September should you still be interested - possible promotion tussle?
    RE the question in your email - the one you've given me is included in the batch I'll be posting tomorrow - if you want to rewrite/amend, let me know today and I will hold off until i have it
    Those are hilarious...feel free to chip in a couple of additonal ones if any come to mind.

Cheers for those.
    It is a bit perverse that bit of it I have to say, but clearly the Trial Judge was content with it - when the ***ual Offences Act 2003 came in it changed the law of consent from subjective to objective and those jokers who said at the time that any lad about town should have a stock of forms that he should get any conquest to sign ahead of coitus were spot on - that's what I always tell my lads anyway, and they laugh it off, but I think the message has got through
    For me the clincher that he was in the wrong is that the jury saw fit to acquit one party and not the other. I know the defence see that as an inconsistency but for me it speaks volumes about the morality of what he did that night.

Certainly an eye-opener though. His tale is one many young men should probably read and take heed of.
    If you're so inclined, have a look at www. chedevans.com (it wouldn't let me post an actual link for some reason)

It's the defence site of Ched Evans. As a man of the law I'd love to know your thoughts on it. The case interests me greatly for various reasons.
    Are you still keen on being interviewed in Off topic if so will put you on later today? Let me know.
    10 of your finest non-sheep are required to be sent post-haste thru cyberspace to yonder fields. Cheers.
    Just so you know, I'm reading Field of Shadows, about the 1937 Gentlemen of Worcester tour of Nazi Germany (!!) - should be able to get something to you by the weekend. My summer reading hasn't really included anything cricket-related.
    Hey mate, had held of sending the wine until I was done with the degree as I thought it made sense to have my thanks coincide with that! What qualifies as a 'decent bottle'? Excuse my lack of expertise in this area - student life had me looking down the other end of the scale! Other option is to send a case as my dad has a voucher he's kindly given to me. Recommendations?! What would you rather receive?
    Hi, I have a book that I'd like to suggest for review but the booksATcricketweb.net email address doesn't work (no such person at this address). How do I get in touch? Scott
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…