• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - South Africa v England (27th Sept)

King Pietersen

International Captain
I knew I was right to praise Morgan in the last game. =D Looks a real solid cricketer. Very powerful for a little fella, good against spin and looks to have a decent technique against pace. Definitely looking like he'll be a good finisher for England for the next few years, he's making runs against the best sides in the world as well. Looked good against Australia with his 70odd, runs against Sri Lanka and now runs against South Africa. Can't ask for more than that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Collingwood has a 50 off 24 balls.
This might be the second fastest though. Highest SR by a fair bit for any innings by an Englishmen over 50 runs.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely it's been mentioned but just incase Steven Davies is being flown over as cover for Matt Prior.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, couldn't help but feel for Bopara a bit the way he got out today.

Also, good to see Collingwood and Morgan play well. I have always rated Collingwood (don't know why he gets bashed on the forum so much) and Morgan has impressed me off late.

The South African faster bowlers were bowling a few full tosses to Morgan which was criminal but fair play to England. Have played superbly so far, has Collingwood and then Morgan.

Any way, my net connection is acting up, so probably won't be able to be online much over the next few hours.
He was smashing them off a length, so they had no choice but to go for the blockhole which inevitably results in a lot of absolute dross when you're not bowling well. Have to credit Morgan for putting them under so much pressure. He made the bad deliveries for himself.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
talking of expanding ones vocabulary, what are your thoughts on the excessive usage of the word 'dire'? :sleep:
Dire, if used aptly, is pretty spot on a lot of times.

With choke, it is overused highly with respect to RSA. Waqar ****ing Younis said before the game, England have a chance because they are playing against the chokers. WTF. If England win today, every one will say RSA choked. Meh, pisses me off as a South African fan.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Dire, if used aptly, is pretty spot on a lot of times.

With choke, it is overused highly with respect to RSA. Waqar ****ing Younis said before the game, England have a chance because they are playing against the chokers. WTF. If England win today, every one will say RSA choked. Meh, pisses me off as a South African fan.
Dire.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd keep Onions on personally. Gibbs has played and missed at him more than he's hit him to the boundary.