• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The main reason I'm looking forward to this tournament

pasag

RTDAS
I know the tournament gets a lot of slack as a money hungry venture only existing to fill the ICC coffers. That aisde, the past one was one of my favourite tournaments and the best thing about it is the lack of minnows.

However, the best thing about it will be the settling for now, hopefully, who is the number 1 side in the world (a fully fit India, IMO), how far Australia have fallen and generally seperating the boys from the men with a heap of congested sides that are pretty equal on paper. It comes at a great time where the cricket foodchain is a bit unclear and hopefully we'll see many questions answered.

Happy to be the only person in the world watching, tbh.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Will watch almost all of it. Am stung by the cricket bug lately after being not too fussed about cricket for a while. Really looking forward to it. I love that there are no minnows too. I am looking forward to some good competitive cricket on South African tracks which are my favorite even though they tend to be flatter for ODIs.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I am Hunger for Cricket ....any format... any time

Just waiting for it to start

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know the tournament gets a lot of slack as a money hungry venture only existing to fill the ICC coffers. That aisde, the past one was one of my favourite tournaments and the best thing about it is the lack of minnows.
Well the West Indies have seemingly ruined that.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
However, the best thing about it will be the settling for now, hopefully, who is the number 1 side in the world (a fully fit India, IMO), how far Australia have fallen and generally seperating the boys from the men with a heap of congested sides that are pretty equal on paper. It comes at a great time where the cricket foodchain is a bit unclear and hopefully we'll see many questions answered.
I'm looking forward to watching the first week or so before I disappear off to uni as well, but have to disagree with this. Questions won't really be answered because any judgement that can be made on the verdict of what is almost a knock-out tournament, where one loss could kill your chances, will be superseded by the result of a five or seven game series between two of the bigger sides. If India win the CT, then lose 5-0 to Australia, which would you consider the better side?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
TBH, I'm sick of watching the nth major tournament being hosted in South Africa. Nothing personal, but surely the 7 other nations could pull up their socks and do some serious talking at the ICC meetings? When was the last time Australia or New Zealand hosted a major tournament?

pasag

RTDAS
I'm looking forward to watching the first week or so before I disappear off to uni as well, but have to disagree with this. Questions won't really be answered because any judgement that can be made on the verdict of what is almost a knock-out tournament, where one loss could kill your chances, will be superseded by the result of a five or seven game series between two of the bigger sides. If India win the CT, then lose 5-0 to Australia, which would you consider the better side?
As a rule I tend to agree, but not when things going in are pretty even. Then a tournament like this can and should be used. When else do we get everyone together in the same room in the short term?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
TBH, I'm sick of watching the nth major tournament being hosted in South Africa. Nothing personal, but surely the 7 other nations could pull up their socks and do some serious talking at the ICC meetings? When was the last time Australia or New Zealand hosted a major tournament?
Got to do with timing? Fits in now, and not many other countries are suitable at this time?

Athlai

Not Terrible
These are genuine questions, btw. Not trying to be a smart alec or anything; I don't know the reasons but I'm just throwing out some suggestions.
I though it was because of the Pakistan kafuffle that all the tournaments got shifted around. Hardly cricket playing season in NZ and Aus so SA seems like the best alternative.

I enjoy watching cricket in SA, best grounds in the world for me. Something in it for every team.

kingkallis

International Coach
Not gonna miss any single game.

Just like Raghav, I too dont miss any format of Cricket. Thats the main reason why I have a TV set in my office - so I can watch the games during the office time as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty meh on the whole thing, I have to say.

Even leaving aside that it's 50 overs and I'm English, I've never really seen the point of a "world cup but not world cup" for cricket when it already has an actual world cup.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can't watch it live (university home, no TV license) which dampens my enthusiasm. Will have to catch it at the pub (day games start before 9am UK time) or the gym. Looking forward to it though, Centurion and the Wanderers usually produce great limited overs surfaces.

Last edited: