• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

Days of Grace

International Captain
Shocking pitch for one-day cricket this is mind and hardly helps to keeps the people at bay who want to destory this format of the game.[/QUOTE

Not sure. Certainly helps bring the balance back between bat and ball a little.

Huge wicket that.

Pisses me off even more, though. If NZ got 230-240 as they should have done, things may have been looking good.

Flem274*

123/5
Hopkins lol. Seriously, I'd still be dead against what I'm about to suggest, but you might as well have picked Williamson or someone who might just be decent if you think Styris is finished. Sure Williamson would probably get ****ed up being so raw and all but he could at least average over 20...

McCullum needs to bat like he did against SA, England et al when he was in form. None of this blocking crap unless he actualy learns to do it properly.

Ryder...is he an opener? I honestly don't know. He can do it to a degree, but I'd be fascinated to see him in the middle order (3-4) if a spot opened up.

Broom is far too low. The selectors have seen he can hit, great. But he's not that good at doing it from ball one. he's a 4-5, but of course Taylor and Elliott are there.

This team looks like we're trying to cram all our best List A bats bar Styris into the side, then picking some of the worst players as our reserves.

If you're not going to pick Franklin for any reason, then Butler gets Diamanti's spot. Both bowling all rounders, except Butler can actualy bowl threateningly (and maybe one day economically :p).

Jeetan Patel vs Nathan McCullum? Dunno tbh on who is the better spinner, though McCullum easily the better bat.

Lets see how this pans out before we get too worked up though. The highly criticised and massively under-rated bowlers who never get any credit from our NZ public unless your name is Bond or Vettori may save our apparently amazing batting from looking like dicks yet again.

Flem274*

123/5
I love Daryl Tuffey. Even if he ends up with one wicket in every match he plays, ten bucks says it will be an early one and they are very welcome.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I know, but him and Diamanti should have to go for the same spot if they want another bowling allrounder.
Yeah having 3 bowlers (Diamanti included) sitting on the bench and a keeper with them is ****ing ridiculous.
Fulton?
Styris??
Hamish Marshall?????

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kallis has definitely shaken off the 'selfish' tag in my eyes. Playing so much more adventurously these days