• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group A Discussion - Pakistan, West Indies, Australia, India

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, agreed. I don't expect West Indies to win this, but it's a lot closer than those adds make out. WI are running out of good overs as such but Pakistan have a big-hitting rookie in with just Afridi and tail to come. Misbah's the key.
Yes key to a miscued scoop at the last wicket...........

Faisal1985

That's it its all over for Pak........................there is no way the tail will pull this one off from here....Afridi, Umar, Rana..........the pitch is too good for them to bat freely....

Faisal1985

I still ask the same question why make a green top when you want the trohpy to be a success and you want to see hitting and runs being scored..............WHY??????

Shri

Mr. Glass
I still ask the same question why make a green top when you want the trohpy to be a success and you want to see hitting and runs being scored..............WHY??????
You may want to see more roads and bigger scores but a lot of us are dying to see an ODI which is competitve at least. This is good. I wouldn't mind seeing even India losing if there is some fight in the game.

Faisal1985

You may want to see more roads and bigger scores but a lot of us are dying to see an ODI which is competitve at least. This is good. I wouldn't mind seeing even India losing if there is some fight in the game.

A run fest could be equally as competitive as low scoring encounter.....i don't think its good presentation of ODI cricket......and CT's goal should have been to improve the image of ODI's

Faisal1985

Umar is averaging 70 so far in his 5 ODI's that is pure beauty.....

I want to see him up the order perhaps....in place of Misbah.....Misbah is a waste seriously....he is useless now..

100 up for Pak and a sigh of relief for me...

Any thoughts on the NRR? Looks pretty ordinary for Pak....

Umar has shown a lot of character here in this game.......people like Misbah should be sacked at once now....their days have expired........

Last edited:

Beamer

Tonge looks a decent bowler, certainly better than Baker. In fact I'd say the Windies C/D team did a pretty good job of defending that score. If Kemar Roach had been playing instead of Tino Best (who must never play again) it would have been closer as he swings the ball prodigiously. So all in all the bowling didn't look bad and Miller is a decent enough spinner if we get slightly different conditions in the next match.

The batting is disgraceful though. Not one batsman looks even half as good as the seniors. Those were not easy conditions for batting and the seniors might not have found it easy. But the fact remains that none of these players can play spin bowling effectively and today they found the seam movement extremely difficult to handle.

Why oh why is Flloyd Reifer in SA? If we are going to be so poor at batting we might as well have picked Braithwaite and Creary. 19 year old Kieron Powell should also be playing so we can establish some kind of positive from this tour. The best thing that can happen would be for Reifer to pick up an injury before the next game and therefore Sammy would be captain.

Faisal1985

Pak always manages to put themselves in a tough position...

Good bowling from Gul and Aamir today.....it makes that much harder for Asif's return.

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Umar is averaging 70 so far in his 5 ODI's that is pure beauty.....

I want to see him up the order perhaps....in place of Misbah.....Misbah is a waste seriously....he is useless now..

100 up for Pak and a sigh of relief for me...

Any thoughts on the NRR? Looks pretty ordinary for Pak....

Umar has shown a lot of character here in this game.......people like Misbah should be sacked at once now....their days have expired........

Misbah is not a waste you idiot, he just scored 73* notout in his last game against sri lanka, 2 games before that he scored 76* notout

Think and search before you speak

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent effort from the WI bowlers, but the team is really making a mockery of what should otherwise be an excellent tournament.