• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dasa said:
Is the player a coach of a Test team?
Q11) No.

JASON said:
Q11 Is It Dav Whatmore ? ( current Bangladesh coach and previous SL and Lancashire coach)

if not then is it Terry Jenner - because he served a Term in prison ?

( Here's excerpt from his cricinfo profile -"He retired the following season, but hit the headlines in 1988 when he was sent to prison for a white-collar crime." )
Q12) No.

Therefore:

Q13) No. (remember my unique distinction relates to something I am, rather than something I've done!)

Second clue: I played Sheffield Shield cricket for Victoria

archie mac

International Coach
Julien Wiener? because he is Jewish?

If that is right, you will have to take my turn BB as I will be away for a few days :)

If it is not right, then I have no more ideas :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
archie mac said:
Julien Wiener? because he is Jewish?

If that is right, you will have to take my turn BB as I will be away for a few days :)

If it is not right, then I have no more ideas :p
Yep, spot on! Go to the top of the class! :D

Julien Wiener is the only Jewish man to play test cricket for Austrlia (at least according to this article!)

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Cricket/The-opener/2004/12/19/1103312791530.html?oneclick=true

I'm actually at work just now (naughty me!) so if anyone else wants a go at asking....? :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Which country has had the most Jewish International Cricketers ? Name them ? :)
------------------------------------------------------------

Side question - (for fun) Who is Australia's most famous retailer of jewish background , who started with nothing and established one of Australia's largest Retail Giants ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Side question - (for fun) Who is Australia's most famous retailer of jewish background , who started with nothing and established one of Australia's largest Retail Giants ?

Dasa said:
The side question is Sidney Myer, isn't it?
Yep ! :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Question

:)
Australia with two.

One male (Julien Weiner) and one female (Ruth Buckstein).

To the best of my knowledge these are the only two Jewish test players.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd guess South Africa, actually. Both the Bachers (Ali & Adam) are Jewish & (although he didn't play tests he did play international cricket in the form of ODIs) so is Dale Benkenstein. There maybe others I'm not aware of.

I don't know of any English cricketers of Jewish extraction, which is pretty surprising really.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
I'd guess South Africa, actually. Both the Bachers (Ali & Adam) are Jewish & (although he didn't play tests he did play international cricket in the form of ODIs) so is Dale Benkenstein. There maybe others I'm not aware of.

I don't know of any English cricketers of Jewish extraction, which is pretty surprising really.
And Your guess is correct !!

South Africa it is. With Dr.Ali Bacher who was South African Captain when it was barred from Test Cricket in 1971. Also SA cricket board president recently and I hope a potential ICC chairman in the future !!

Adam his nephew is another. I didn't know that Dale Benkenstein was jewish. There is another player called Mandy Yachad who played one ODI only.

Because my question had not been worded correctly , I expected someone to have a dig by answering Israel as the country to have most jewish cricketers play International Cricket. :D

Anyway your turn Boy Brumby. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, here goes:

I'm recorded as having achieved a first in cricket, but this distinction may yet be taken from me. Who am I, what is my "first" & why may I lose it?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Q1 Is the first in Test Cricket ?

if not then consider this - Is the first in ODI cricket ?

Q2/3 - Is it a batting record ?

If not only then consider this - Is it a bowling record ?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
JASON said:
Q1 Is the first in Test Cricket ?

if not then consider this - Is the first in ODI cricket ?

Q2/3 - Is it a batting record ?

If not only then consider this - Is it a bowling record ?
Ok, let's see if I can follow the questions!

Q1) No.

Therefore:

Q2) No.

Q3) Yes.