• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

BoyBrumby

Englishman
JASON said:
Is it a List A limited over record ?

If so only then consider this - is it the fastest 100 ?
Q8) No.

Therefore:

Q9) No (although I suppose it was once, by default! Big clue there!)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Glen Chapple - Fastest 100 in FC cricket off 21 minutes, the opposition contrived to expedite declaration - taken off the record books ?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
JASON said:
Glen Chapple - Fastest 100 in FC cricket off 21 minutes, the opposition contrived to expedite declaration - taken off the record books ?
Q10) No.

Ok, time for a recap & a clue. My original question was:

I'm recorded as having achieved a first in cricket, but this distinction may yet be taken from me. Who am I, what is my "first" & why may I lose it?

Q1) Is the first in Test Cricket ? No.
Q2) Is the first in ODI cricket ? No.
Q3) Is it a batting record ? Yes.
Q4 Is it a 20/20 record ? No.
Q5) Is it Ian Harvey's record of scoring the first ever 100 in 20/20 cricket ? No.
Q6) Is it the first to reach a certain milestone? Yes.
Q7) Is it a OD milestone? No.
Q8) Is it a List A limited over record ? No.
Q9) is it the fastest 100 ? No (although I suppose it was once, by default! Big clue there!)
Q10) Glen Chapple - Fastest 100 in FC cricket off 21 minutes, the opposition contrived to expedite declaration - taken off the record books ? No.

First clue: I'm an Englishman & I achieved my first in English domestic cricket

BoyBrumby

Englishman
JASON said:
John Minshull First ever century ever recorded ?
Q12) Yes! :D :clapping:

The first scoresheet still extant is from the Duke of Dorset's XI v Wrotham on 31/08/1769. Only the Duke's XI scoresheets exist so no-one knows who won, but the 107 by Minshull in Duke's 2nd innings is first ton on record.

However, he may yet lose this distinction because the first game of cricket for which some scores are known is Kent v All England on 18/6/1744, so it is conceivable a musty old scoresheet may come to light to accord this honour to another. There's a quite interesting article on the passing on of the batting record from cricinfo here:

http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/138524.html

Over to Jason. :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

An Australian who holds 2 related records established recently (one cannot be surpassed , other might be in the future ) !
Who is he? What are the records ?