• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India Tour of South Africa, 2023/24

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A lead of around 150 to 200 and that could have been an exciting finish, that lead of 78 was never going to be enough unless India batted like idiots.
Honestly even around 100 it might've gotten tense. Anything in double digits no matter how dodgy the wicket it pretty just takes a couple of slogs to make it a cakewalk though generally.

Carlos

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Certainly the weakest Proteas side since re admission. Their batting is certainly the weakest in living memory with no one averaging over 40 and about to get even weaker with Elgar retiring.

The short nature of the game a symptom of a poor pitch and the international focus on T20 cricket meaning we are producing batters who have poor technique, short patience and a lack of guts. Where are the Boycotts, Athertons, Kirstens and Kallis who can bat all day and survive difficult conditions. Sad state of the modern game and making me lose interest in cricket as a product.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Certainly the weakest Proteas side since re admission. Their batting is certainly the weakest in living memory with no one averaging over 40 and about to get even weaker with Elgar retiring.

The short nature of the game a symptom of a poor pitch and the international focus on T20 cricket meaning we are producing batters who have poor technique, short patience and a lack of guts. Where are the Boycotts, Athertons, Kirstens and Kallis who can bat all day and survive difficult conditions. Sad state of the modern game and making me lose interest in cricket as a product.
Nah blaming techniques is wild. Did you see what the **** the ball was doing?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Nah man, Im all for mocking modern batsmen's defensive failings, but this pitch was unplayable.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hahaha... Bumrah admitting they would have batted first as well. Like I said, while it was always gonna do a bit it never looked like it would do this much.

And to think Shaun Pollock was saying the Centurion wicket was not a good cricket wicket as it was too loaded in favor of the fast bowlers. :laugh:

Carlos

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nah blaming techniques is wild. Did you see what the **** the ball was doing?
Didn't watch the game but we have played on crap pitches before and not been rolled for 55. I think the team from circa 2010 would have posted at least 150. But then again I didn't watch the game.