• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India Tour of South Africa, 2023/24

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Markram was outstanding but I think Virat was just as good. Was just let down by not having anyone stay with him IMO. If Jadeja could only ****ing learn to let the short ball go without jumping up and defending for no reason.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if this pitch doesn't get a poor rating then the ICC is confirmed racist
I mean the Gabba got a poor rating last year and it lasted longer than this, so.....

OTOH they only gave below average to some of those rank roads which wouldn't have gotten a result in a ten day match.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're very brittle though. I think you overrate this batting lineup a bit, especially in these conditions; they're good for an absolute shocker or two on a surprisingly regular basis.
I'd say ours is brittler, if anything.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I remember thinking about how we lost by an innings in Centurion in 2010 and somehow won a test and left with series level under MSD when it looked equally improbable. Hopefully this heralds a new beginning for us and hopefully this win against odds helps Rohit settle down as captain again. I wont be for making panic stricken changes yet to this side against England.

Jaiswal, Rohit, Gill and Shreyas should continue to be aggressors and take the game to the opposition, esp. against spin. Virat and Rahul can bat normal test cricket style. Hopefully Ashwin, Jaddu and Axar can make enough runs lower down the order as well and help the 2 of Bumrah/Shami/Siraj bowl aggressive short spells.

King Kane

International Debutant
A lead of around 150 to 200 and that could have been an exciting finish, that lead of 78 was never going to be enough unless India batted like idiots.