• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Niall

International Coach
Would love to see Parker vs Zhang.
Not a bad shout that.

Credit to Parker that was very comfortable.

Slightly annoyed Bivol showed little urgency to get Arthur out , this is the entertainment industry lets not forget and its not like Arthur has much power anyway.

Niall

International Coach
Parker’s career is close to the end and he can’t afford to lose to any of those guys
Anderson won't fight anyone good for a while and nobody knows who Sanchez is so no chance of those 2.

The 1st two options though could sell although Dubois might be the bigger name and easier option IMO.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
So Fury’s best win is a past it Wlad in one of the worst ever fights while juicing
Life and death with Wallin who Joshua dominated.

Life and death with Wilder who Parker dominated.

Will never fight guys like Joyce, Zhang etc

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Some thoughts

- AJ will destroy Wallin. Styles make fights and I don't see Wallin as being as skilled or mobile as Usyk, and he doesn't have enough power to keep him off. I suspect AJ will stop him with a left hook to the body in round 5.

- Kabayel may upset Makhmudov. I know he looks scary but I'm not super high on Makhmudov.

- Think Dubois beats Miller relatively easily.

- Parker is a shot fighter who has basically just been looking for paydays since the AJ fight. He is going to sleep.
3/4.

I should start betting on these.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wilder looked a shadow of the guy who was in the ring with Fury or Ortiz for that matter. Looked gunshy and weak. Kinda feels like with his performance and his attitude in the fight build up that he already had one foot in the retirement camp. All credit to Parker though, can't remember him having such a dominant performance, he embarrassed Wilder.

Maybe a rematch with Andy Ruiz next year?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Would love to see Parker vs Zhang.
Yeah would be interesting. Parker wouldn't be a sitting duck for Zhang's bombs like Joyce was and if he stays in shape like he was for this fight he could be a chance to wear him down over the later rounds, but Parker's usually had problems with bigger opponents who he can't out point with his jab, so I'd probably have Zhang as the favourite

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Parker should be capitalising on this result & going for a payday and Zhang might be only option as Fury (lol) Usyk, AJ & Hrgovic could be busy with each other

Niall

International Coach
Parker should be capitalising on this result & going for a payday and Zhang might be only option as Fury (lol) Usyk, AJ & Hrgovic could be busy with each other
Don't forget Ngannou , yeah he probably doesn't deserve it but for pretty much all those guys he is an enticing option, money to be made and little risk.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Zhang has massive untapped commercial potential. Such a shame that a smart promoter never put him up in a big fight in China.

Parker’s career is close to the end and he can’t afford to lose to any of those guys
True.

money fights I could see for him:
- Ruiz rematch
- Zhang if there's commercial value
- Dubois fight would probably sell, not sure Frank would risk Dubois now that he's got a bit of momentum

On the other hand if the Saudis are willing to put up the money, fights with Anderson, Sanchez etc could make sense.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Actually stylistically Parker would match up very interesting against Usyk.

Similar fighter to Briedis.

Would need to be supremely fit and probably closer to 240 lbs

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Zhang has massive untapped commercial potential. Such a shame that a smart promoter never put him up in a big fight in China.

True.

money fights I could see for him:
- Ruiz rematch
- Zhang if there's commercial value
- Dubois fight would probably sell, not sure Frank would risk Dubois now that he's got a bit of momentum

On the other hand if the Saudis are willing to put up the money, fights with Anderson, Sanchez etc could make sense.
You’d think that it would be a no brainer & particularly as Zhang is probably being avoided like the plague anyway

Ruiz is the guy who is throwing away big paydays

He would have smoked Wilder IMO

thierry henry

International Coach
I actually think Parker would match up ok against Zhang (yet would always struggle with Joyce). Zhang is certainly much more well schooled than Wilder but there’s a vague stylistic similarity in that they’re both huge punchers but low output with dodgy stamina. Zhang has particularly bad stamina. Parker has a chance of winning a dull decision against that sort of opponent.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
You’d think that it would be a no brainer & particularly as Zhang is probably being avoided like the plague anyway

Ruiz is the guy who is throwing away big paydays

He would have smoked Wilder IMO
Hmmmm, think Ruiz would always struggle with Wilder. Always eats right hands.