• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft ideas/scheduling thread

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Any plans to start a draft soon?

I was thinking of running one in which everyone must have the following in their XI:

One player who (has) played 0 - 9 tests. Thus players who never played a test/are yet to debut are eligible. Players from a country which have never played tests or weren't at the time are eligible.

Three players who (have) played 10-49 tests

Three players who (have) played 50-89 tests.

Three players who (have) played 90-129 tests.

One player who (has) played 130-200 tests.

No Bradman.

Thoughts?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Any plans to start a draft soon?

I was thinking of running one in which everyone must have the following in their XI:

One player who (has) played 0 - 9 tests. Thus players who never played a test/are yet to debut are eligible. Players from a country which have never played tests or weren't at the time are eligible.

Three players who (have) played 10-49 tests

Three players who (have) played 50-89 tests.

Three players who (have) played 90-129 tests.

One player who (has) played 130-200 tests.

No Bradman.

Thoughts?
Start it rightaway. I am in.

ataraxia

International Coach
I just revisited this draft – and (not to toot my own horn) it looks like it was pretty fun, with a large random element, and fairly repeatable. lmao at the shenanigans around kk allowing hb to have Bradman and hb still getting zero votes.

So would you lot enjoy a repeat of this – perhaps with a different starting point – and are there any rule modifications you fancy? @JOJOXI @Fuller Pilch @ankitj @trundler @Pothas @honestbharani @Himannv @kingkallis @Teuton

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As a revision to the no timeouts rule - what would be the downside of saying that if you timeout then you still have to pick based on your place in the order, and not the most recent pick before you make your selection? Draft continues as normal but you effectively get (at best) second choice from where you ought to have picked?

If there’s a concern that someone might then pick someone they wouldn’t have otherwise, as they can now pick someone who overlaps with someone else they didn’t want to make available, then have their pick overlap with the pick before them in the order and also the pick made after (when they should have been picking).

just some suggestions. Although these things tend to move pretty quickly these days anyway!

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I think a longer time out is better in this scenario - otherwise it could somewhat disrupt the essence of the draft but in the event of a timeout I think Jarquis's idea is a good one

Also in please