• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah lydia has been my absolute favorite player for the last decade...what a wonderful short game! and such a genuinely nice person!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LIV is just another tour (albeit with massive guaranteed purses and retainers) until such time as their players are banned from majors

Son Of Coco

Got a corporate day I've been invited t out of the blue at Victoria GC the day after the Aus Open finishes. One of those things where they get the pros to play with the hacks like me. Haven't had a hit in 5 years or so and my clubs date back to 2009. What could go wrong - a sand belt course with tricked up greens and rough set up for professional tourney play. And me. Of course, I expect to dominate.

Want to buy a new set of clubs so I can have a couple of hits before the round in question. Anyone bought clubs recently and can recommend something for a high handicapper who's rusty AF?
The answer to any question anyone ever has about irons is 'Mizuno'.

I should have added before that I agree with what Social said. As long as they aren't falling apart, they'll be fine. The feel of a Mizuno iron is often ruined if there's a yard of dirt between the ball and the clubface.

grecian

LIV is just another tour (albeit with massive guaranteed purses and retainers) until such time as their players are banned from majors
Dunno, I'm not against it as some are, but if it grows it needs a Tv contract clearly, and if no-one's interested then surely the "sportswashing" is pointless.

social

Dunno, I'm not against it as some are, but if it grows it needs a Tv contract clearly, and if no-one's interested then surely the "sportswashing" is pointless.
I have my doubts that sportswashing is the overriding goal here as 13/14 tournaments have been played outside Saudi & all their involvement does is highlight the problems anyway

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
in other news, Lydia wins in her first event back on the LET...Aditi Ashok in excellent form right now...narrowly missed out here!

social

jon rahm in torrid form this season...wins riviera, officially gets to no: 1!
He’s won 5 of his past 10 tournaments dating back to September with a worst finish of 8th

Been number 1 In everything bar name for a while now

Son Of Coco

Is the netflix golf thing any use?
I'm enjoying it. Up to about episode 5 I think. It gives an interesting cross section of golfers. The last episode was with that Dahman guy that is ranked about 70. Really interesting to watch someone who doesn't think they are that good given the level they are at.

Molehill

International Captain
Done the first 3 now, biggest take is that I wouldn't want to have the Koepkas over for dinner even if she did only wear a skimpy bikini. It was hilarious watching her showing him the day's clothing buys whilst he was clearly pondering why his swing was ****ed. I'm not sure this relationship will necessarily stand the test of time, although it could be that they're both so stupid that they don't notice they have no interest in each other.

Poulter came across better than I imagined he might. But when you look at the size of house he lives in (and what he's obviously bought for his parents), does he really need the LIV money instead of being a Ryder Cup Captain?

social

Done the first 3 now, biggest take is that I wouldn't want to have the Koepkas over for dinner even if she did only wear a skimpy bikini. It was hilarious watching her showing him the day's clothing buys whilst he was clearly pondering why his swing was ****ed. I'm not sure this relationship will necessarily stand the test of time, although it could be that they're both so stupid that they don't notice they have no interest in each other.

Poulter came across better than I imagined he might. But when you look at the size of house he lives in (and what he's obviously bought for his parents), does he really need the LIV money instead of being a Ryder Cup Captain?
Many years ago, I was beside the 18th green in Dubai when this happened to Poulter

Literally nobody other than Poults knew what had happened but he fessed up & called for the rules official

Had thought that he was a a bit of a dick until then but that changed my perception as some others would have tried to get away with it

Molehill

International Captain
Many years ago, I was beside the 18th green in Dubai when this happened to Poulter

Literally nobody other than Poults knew what had happened but he fessed up & called for the rules official

Had thought that he was a a bit of a dick until then but that changed my perception as some others would have tried to get away with it
That's golfers though, they'll always call rules on themselves (except Patrick Reed). I actually called a 2 shot penalty on myself at the weekend after stupidly playing my playing partner's ball in a comp, I was delighted to find out afterwards that the penalty no longer exists.

Done 7 episodes now, the Joel Dahmen one my favourite, him and his caddy are great entertainment. Just 2 normal guys, one of whom is very good at golf but doesn't realise quite how good he is. The Finau one a little bit painful, he's almost too nice. The worst was Niemann/Perreira, these two dreaming of winning on the PGA Tour all their lives. Of course we now know they grabbed the Saudi money as soon as they could.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
scheffler in control...such a terrific player...best in the world along with rahm right now...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah vanilla personality but looks like a decent person, very impressed with his game around and on the greens, more importantly, doesn't seem to be settler, always hungry for more, has the drive to be (and stay) the best player in the world...like that about him...hatton's back 9 in such windy conditions was pretty spectacular, wasn't it?