• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa vs England (3 ODI):Jan 27-Feb 04, 2023 in SAfrica

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You know you are bowling crap when Moeen Ali is hitting you :no:
What an odd comment, Moeen maybe not what he was, but he's been one of the sweetest strikers of the ball in Cricket for over a decade. Mind you wouldn't advise bowling no-balls to anyone.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think we're probably short if this pitch carries on playing like it has over the last 40 overs, with our limited bowling attack. Yet hey anything well over 300 is defendible, just need to keep chipping in with wickets.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I noticed England hit more sixes than fours in their total , how common is this in ODI cricket ? First time I've seen this happening.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Moeen has been really impressive at the back end of this series, 2 good knocks after a LONG dry spell in ODI's. Hopefully he can keep this up till the WC.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Magala looks more like a raffle winner who gets to represent Saf and that's a kind way of putting it.
Overall some good grinding early on was rewarded. Malan got frustrated because the pitch both had bounce yet the ball was also not coming on. Once Magala and Markam bowled they never looked back.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Marco Jansen should watch clips of Bruce Reid and Joel Garner especially their Yorker deliveries..Kid has so much potential its scary just needs a bit of mentoring and support , with these natural attributes he possesses he can go right to the very top .

Molehill

International Captain
I think we're probably short if this pitch carries on playing like it has over the last 40 overs, with our limited bowling attack. Yet hey anything well over 300 is defendible, just need to keep chipping in with wickets.
The first 10 overs were key (and in the 2nd game really). The team batting first has effectively had 40 overs of decent batting conditions versus the 50 for the team chasing.

England will need to take wickets to win this because the run rate seems to be no issue at all.