• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa vs England (3 ODI):Jan 27-Feb 04, 2023 in SAfrica

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Proteas getting ready for direct Flight to india but you never know if they Docked even 1 point for Slow over rate they might not Qualify (need 109 point even for Qualification) even after beating Eng 3/0 & Netherland 2/0.

I think 2nd ODI in on going they gave many overs to pace bowler, After the series we will know.

--

Sam curran 1st time ever gets Demerit point in his career. He should be careful regarding respectful behavior on field

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Hard not to on this pitch, seems impossible to play any kind of attacking shot without getting out. Can see why Buttler looked rather down at the toss.
I know this is a strange thought... but can always put the attacking shots away!?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Proteas getting ready for direct Flight to india but you never know if they Docked even 1 point for Slow over rate they might not Qualify (need 109 point even for Qualification) even after beating Eng 3/0 & Netherland 2/0.

I think 2nd ODI in on going they gave many overs to pace bowler, After the series we will know.

--

Sam curran 1st time ever gets Demerit point in his career. He should be careful regarding respectful behavior on field
Do you bother reading anybody else's posts?

ashley bach

International Captain
Hard not to on this pitch, seems impossible to play any kind of attacking shot without getting out. Can see why Buttler looked rather down at the toss.
Yeah it looks seriously difficult for batting. England just need to hang in there and battle it out for now. Who knows maybe 200 could be competitive.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Yeah it looks seriously difficult for batting. England just need to hang in there and battle it out for now. Who knows maybe 200 could be competitive.
Not true, Chasing not as difficult as First power play on 1st innings.

If you loose 3 top player in 1st power play
You are done at Kimberly take my word
Reza Hendriks will whack english bowling today.

Molehill

International Captain
I know this is a strange thought... but can always put the attacking shots away!?
Don't win many ODI's with that strategy. Average 1st innings score here is 228, so maybe something just north of that could be defendable, but looks a tall order making 180 on this pitch unless it becomes easier to bat on.

Molehill

International Captain
History witnessed difficult to bats First.
14 previous ODI's here, 11 won by team batting 2nd. Of the 3 that went the other way, 2 of them were defeats for Kenya and Namibia in World Cups against bigger teams. So you could argue that NZ beating SA here in 2013 is a monumental effort.

ashley bach

International Captain
14 previous ODI's here, 11 won by team batting 2nd. Of the 3 that went the other way, 2 of them were defeats for Kenya and Namibia in World Cups against bigger teams. So you could argue that NZ beating SA here in 2013 is a monumental effort.
It really does look like England are in for consecutive series whitewash defeats then. Wish I knew this stat at the start of the match when England
were 1.75 favourites.

Molehill

International Captain
It really does look like England are in for consecutive series whitewash defeats then. Wish I knew this stat at the start of the match when England
were 1.75 favourites.
Yeah, once you know who won the toss you could make quite a bit of money. These two sides seem fairly evenly matched, so a toss of this magnitude was a game changer.

ashley bach

International Captain
Yeah, once you know who won the toss you could make quite a bit of money. These two sides seem fairly evenly matched, so a toss of this magnitude was a game changer.
Strangely enough the price hardly changed after the toss. Will remember this for Kimberley next time.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Buttler with a nice 50... almost as if getting yourself in on a difficult pitch is part of the game, rather than just swinging from ball one.