• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Times like these I'm glad I'm not a mod anymore.
Wtf why do you guys keep getting to go quietly!!!!

I want Downing Street style announcements. ‘I have tried to pursue my mandate to control GIMH but have to accept I cannot deliver on this and must resign.’ A few tears. And a video montage of all your failures

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He actually still is a mod, he's just not expected to be super active in the role anymore. He's basically a constitutional monarch.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
every time I see people mentioning cnerd I fear the worst

and then my worst fears are confirmed, and I discover that he is in fact still alive

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, I think it was, and I don't think I have to pretend otherwise.

Ban probably fair, carry-on silly.
You don't have to but it's not your place to determine so either way and it's kinda ****ty to mock it.
Think it's worth trying to clear the air on all of this.

Feeling the reaction was overblown - I think if you link it to that specific post then maybe the outpouring of sentiments after that may seem excessive, but the reason why there was so much discussion there wasn't due to that one specific post. I don't wish to speak on behalf of anyone but my take was it stemmed from various posters' experience on and even off (at least in my case for one of the posts I made) the forum.

Regardless of where you land on the above, I just feel we should first kinda acknowledge that feelings are hurt when it's brought up from both sides, either from the belittling of the reaction or the references to sledger being a racist (idk if you feel bad when people do this, I just assume so).

To some of us, whether its the intention or not, the underlying message of “lol these guys are extremely thin skinned” makes people feel like crap. I know it does for me.

To others they might feel like sledger was unfairly targeted/labelled racist. I know I made some KKK jokes which were not on.

Guess what I'm trying to say is if the objective is to make people feel bad then congrats, we've done a great job. But otherwise I think we should all just put this general nastiness behind us.

It's kinda similar to when Howe opened up about feeling bad when it came to the whole rain in june meme. If it gets someone down lets perhaps just drop it? Maybe that's just not how the internet operates but idk, it'd be nice in this case.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Think it's worth trying to clear the air on all of this.

Feeling the reaction was overblown - I think if you link it to that specific post then maybe the outpouring of sentiments after that may seem excessive, but the reason why there was so much discussion there wasn't due to that one specific post. I don't wish to speak on behalf of anyone but my take was it stemmed from various posters' experience on and even off (at least in my case for one of the posts I made) the forum.

Regardless of where you land on the above, I just feel we should first kinda acknowledge that feelings are hurt when it's brought up from both sides, either from the belittling of the reaction or the references to sledger being a racist (idk if you feel bad when people do this, I just assume so).

To some of us, whether its the intention or not, the underlying message of “lol these guys are extremely thin skinned” makes people feel like crap. I know it does for me.

To others they might feel like sledger was unfairly targeted/labelled racist. I know I made some KKK jokes which were not on.

Guess what I'm trying to say is if the objective is to make people feel bad then congrats, we've done a great job. But otherwise I think we should all just put this general nastiness behind us.

It's kinda similar to when Howe opened up about feeling bad when it came to the whole rain in june meme. If it gets someone down lets perhaps just drop it? Maybe that's just not how the internet operates but idk, it'd be nice in this case.
You’re a good lad. Not much to be gained in constantly bri bringing it up. He posted what he posted, he apologised, he served his ban out. Let’s leave it where it belongs from all angles. I said before I had no clue what cnerd was going on about, and the jokes I’ve seen Cribb make were the ‘especially India’ ones (which I know you and I have discussed on PM) but either way, whatever the jokes are if they get canned and certain posting from others gets canned we can all just crack on.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The modding is **** and unbalanced to the Mods friends IMHO. Like almost all other fora I have been too, but hey I wouldn't do the job, unless I was paid an huge wedge, so I can't really complain.
This is always inherently true of course but I don't think you've ever been banned which means it can't be too bad here given none of the mods like you.