• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My well-performed miler returned to the races today for the first time since February, and he ran a beauty of a race for fourth over a distance short of his best.

He's in a bit of a tricky area this season, where he'll probably carry too much weight in handicaps, but he may not quite have the class for weight-for-age. He's not going to be easy to place.

But with seven wins from 20 starts (including a Group Two handicap), it's fair to say he's already far surpassed any expectations I could have had when I bought a 5% share of a $13,000 yearling purchase. Anything else from here is a bonus.

ashley bach

International Captain
Helluva short priced fav is Deauville legend @3.7, cant remember anything as short since Makybe Diva in 2005.
Hope it runs down the track to at least give the trifecta a wee bit of spice.
Just drifted out to 4.6 in the last hour, all the money pouring on Realm of flowers from 14 into 8, that's huge movement.

_Ed_

Sorry, was snowed under in work and didn't see this in time.

I would have suggested the favourite anyway (one of the better-credentialled European raiders to come down in the last few years), so my inattentiveness actually saved you money.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, was snowed under in work and didn't see this in time.
Likewise. Was at work at 6.30am, and got home just after 6pm, only to deal with more media queries. Biggest day of the year for sure!

I had $5 each way on Gold Trip, which helped me return a small profit on the Cup in among all my other random bets.

thierry henry

International Coach
Likewise. Was at work at 6.30am, and got home just after 6pm, only to deal with more media queries. Biggest day of the year for sure!

I had $5 each way on Gold Trip, which helped me return a small profit on the Cup in among all my other random bets.
Our good journo/agent mate (who as we know is no gallops man) tipped our whole group Gold Trip and I was the only one too cynical to properly back it ?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got 18-1 on the winner

$5 on the nose of a nag that I had never heard of

Good wife blew my winnings on champagne for her mates before the next race

flibbertyjibber

Not seen it but presume the favourite didn't stay which isn't surprising considering he had never run that far before. Was surprised it was favourite at all never mind being so short in the betting. Interesting that the O'Brien bunch never bothered at all this year.

_Ed_

Aw man. :( Loved following that mare during her globe-trotting career.

_Ed_

Devastating to hear that apprentice jockey Megan Taylor was killed in a fall at Ashburton today. To have two tragedies like this in NZ within the space of a few months is hard to come to terms with. :(

_Ed_

You always try not to get too carried away when young horses are dominating against their own age group, because they're all maturing and strengthening at different rates and things can suddenly look very different once they get a bit older. But jeez, it's been a while since I've been as impressed by a performance as this one yesterday.