• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He opened the bowling (with the best figures on either team) and batted 7 in this game. I think he's focused more on batting since then but four years isn't that long ago unless he's had stress fractures.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heath may know better than me but I think Georgeson is a genuine allrounder at club level and has just not bowled much for Wellington because of how many other bowling options they usually take into games, so I'd say they have two. Definitely seemed to bowl a fair bit at Under 19 level.
He's opened the bowling in the past for Easts. Definitely gets a decent number of overs in club cricket - or at least used to - I haven't watched any club cricket since COVID, really - apart from a couple of live streamed games.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Said it before few times and saying it again. The kind of build Sears has, its asking for injuries. Put some meat on those bones fam. Going down the Adam Milne durability route at this rate. They need to get him in the national team setup permanently....so he has access to best facilities and trainers. Dude is injured at least once a season everytime you hear about him.

Ghost

U19 12th Man
Anyone want to take a stab at who the top runscorer and wicket taker will be? I’ll go for Foxcroft and Randall (to back up from last year)

Howsie

International Captain
I see some of the FC team sheets are coming out now. Wellington with at least one new cap, I'd suggest

Blundell, Georgeson, Greenwood, Dave Hancock, Hartshorn, T Johnson, N Kelly, Adam Leonard, McPeake, Ravindra, Robinson, Snedden, Vishvaka

13 players there and bugger all experience in the bowling. Must mean that Hancock and Leonard are in? Sneddon is a whole load of meh.

Nathan Smith and Sears are both injured (back and abdominal respectively) van Beek and Milne at the T20 world cup.

Line-up expectation?

Ravindra
Vishvaka/Georgeson
Georgeson/Vishvaka
Johnson
Robinson
Kelly
Blundell
Leonard
McPeake
Hartshorn
Hancock

Bench: Snedden, Greenwood
Big improver Hancock, shame he had to leave ND to get a shot but he’ll go far.

HeathDavisSpeed

Ugh. Snedden selected. McPeake going at over 4 an over and the only wicket so far to Snedden.

Greenwood selected over Vishvaka a surprise to me. Georgeson to open with Ravindra.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone want to take a stab at who the top runscorer and wicket taker will be? I’ll go for Foxcroft and Randall (to back up from last year)
Batting - Joe Carter to continue his form from the A tour.

Bowling - probably wet summer so a medium pacer. Randall a good shout to repeat, but let's go for a hopeful return to form by Duffy instead.

HeathDavisSpeed

Some very trundley looking bowling on display in this round so far. Solia's dismissal of Rutherford probably the highlight thus far.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Feel for Foxcroft, spends 2 and a half years waiting to get back into the country and gets a shocker lb decision in his first innings back.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Some very trundley looking bowling on display in this round so far. Solia's dismissal of Rutherford probably the highlight thus far.
Solia the true heir to the NZ dibbly dobbly medium pace crown now Williams gone and Sheat no longer dominant. Only just noticed Solia opened the bowling today too - yeesh. Good for him though, from engine room fourth seamer to (fill-in) opening batsman to opening bowler in 3 seasons.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Solia the true heir to the NZ dibbly dobbly medium pace crown now Williams gone and Sheat no longer dominant. Only just noticed Solia opened the bowling today too - yeesh. Good for him though, from engine room fourth seamer to (fill-in) opening batsman to opening bowler in 3 seasons.
Looks like Sheat decided to bowl on Young's pads in his first spell and then bowled short and wide in his second spell. Pies.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Sheat decided to bowl on Young's pads in his first spell and then bowled short and wide in his second spell. Pies.
I'm interested to see Young is still opening for CD - probably suggests he will still line up as NZ opener next time NZ play a test match too.

Sheat fell off a cliff last season after dominating 19/20 and 20/21 especially, don't know what's gone wrong. Not a great endorsement that Henry can't pick up Young on an early season wicket today either.

Greenest wicket of the round clearly the Basin though. ND 104/1, unsure how much is due to another deceptive Basin pitch and how much to Wellington's popgun attack.