• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Someone should have showed a whole sequence... If the batter was repeatedly trying to gain unfair advantage then this was more than justified & in fact need of the hour.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every team has the opportunity to pull this stunt every game- only one team keeps insisting on doing it. It's like, nobody's impressed that it's technically "in the rules"
It will, logically, become much more common with the official attempts by the MCC to legitimatise it.

also "one team" doesn't make any sense here

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It will, logically, become much more common with the official attempts by the MCC to legitimatise it.

also "one team" doesn't make any sense here
Eh, when Ashwin stitched up Butler I remember twitter erupting into two clear sides. Broad and Buttler tweeting on one side, Akash Chopra and Harsha Bhogle on the other, it seemed pretty "us and them" to me

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every team has the opportunity to pull this stunt every game- only one team keeps insisting on doing it. It's like, nobody's impressed that it's technically "in the rules"
It will be hilarious to see the outcry when inevitably it happens the other way round in an important match as somebody is going to do it now.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Just ban it. It's such a crud way to take a wicket and only ever creates controversy. Batsman gets one warning from the third umpire when checking for no-balls. Then every time following that warning. the batsman gets called for a run short.

Or something.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Never knew Maeve Douma was Indian, but you do you and stick to being an idiot.
You either understand why people think it's unsporting or you don't I guess
There's a lot of unsporting behaviour in cricket that isn't regulated all that much, but apparently this got your goat for some reason. Wonder why... :ph34r: :ph34r:
Just ban it. It's such a crud way to take a wicket and only ever creates controversy. Batsman gets one warning from the third umpire when checking for no-balls. Then every time following that warning. the batsman gets called for a run short.

Or something.
I see no real point in coddling lazy situational awareness simply because it rubs people the wrong way when that gets punished. Hilarious that a batter not being able to keep anything behind the line isn't as bad as bowlers overstepping, both are dumb as **** if there's no extenuating circumstances involved.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am fine with a short run and other penalties being imposed but the issue here is, as the video I posted clearly shows, the batter here would havve been at least 4 steps down the crease by the time Deepti would have released the ball. But the bowler has to stay behind the line or they have to give a free-hit. I like the free-ball idea Ash came up with. If the non-striker has moved out of the crease before the ball left the bowler's hand, the runs off that ball do not count (but wickets do) and the same repeats the next ball.

Its the only fair way I will be ok with, if we have to remove the run out option here.