• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Imagine a bloke lauding the efforts of the England 2005 side complaining about ball tampering by anyone else. Tres hilaire.
It’s amazing you’ve made so much money out of the law given your basic inability to understand the difference within and outside of the rules. Buffoon.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
People lets not fool ourselves here... SA lost because their batting sucks. This has not changed for a year (or 2 or 3). The most upset people here should be the NZ supporters for not beating SA in NZ earlier this year.
I mean their batting sucked even when they won. And England's batting sucks too, which is why they were unlucky to have had to bat first here.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
You only retained the Ashes here because you’d ‘won’ the one before and yet there was an asterisk the size of Tasmania against that one given the flagrant ball-tampering that was endemic in the Oz side at the time. So by rights a draw should roll it back to 2015, which England won at a canter.

That’s before we mention that England were robbed of victory by the rain in the drawn match in the 2019 series, and we basically played the whole thing without the world’s greatest fast bowler, which isn’t really fair when you think about it.

Individual match wins are for losers, series wins are what matters. And Australia don’t win them in England. This is the uncomfortable truth no matter how hard you try and shake it off.
Those ashes were an inside job

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Hard not to feel happy for him and Stokes and Bairstow, tbh. Once they are rid of Branderson, they will be a fully likeable side too.
Yeah those three and Buttler are quite likeable. Wood is super funny and seems like a top guy. Generally speaking they're all quite alright except for Overton and to a lesser extent Robinson.

I hope Broad continues in a media role after he quits, he's pretty good at it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah those three and Buttler are quite likeable. Wood is super funny and seems like a top guy. Generally speaking they're all quite alright except for Overton and to a lesser extent Robinson.

I hope Broad continues in a media role after he quits, he's pretty good at it.
Yeah Broad, somehow a bit like KP, seems so much more better, and at home, in the comm box and analyst roles etc.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Disagree about KP, hate him in commentary. Squeals a lot, thinks he's hilarious but is generally a bit annoying.
Now, yes, as he is believing some of his own hype but his first few years, he was an absolute breath of fresh air. Also, I try to not let what folks do during the IPL broadcasts color their style of commentary, we all know so much of it is staged and on request from the producers and/or BCCI. Same applies for almost all leagues IMO, except maybe the CPL.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
KP is a truly awful commentator in every single way

Broad is alright, a bit dull but far from terrible, a lot better than the one eyed hack I thought he might be when I first was aware he was going to do some commentary

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad was refreshingly impressive from the little commentary stints I'd heard from him. Looking forward to hearing more from him once he retires, a natural to progress into commentary.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Pietersen is OK when he talks about the art of batting but he's broadly terrible at actual commentary. He overtalks and therefore his commentary seems to take precedence over the game*, but also deals in cliche and hyperbole (from the "he's got to be happy with that", "take a bow, son" type of commentary). He does at least understand that the Hundred is a new game with a new audience and therefore dumbs his commentary down - others often commentate as though it's a regular game that regular fans are watching. But that may just be that his commentary is by nature, pretty vapid.

*Still has a long way to beat Sanga, who I think is a decent commentator, but never shuts up!

chris.hinton

International Captain
People lets not fool ourselves here... SA lost because their batting sucks. This has not changed for a year (or 2 or 3). The most upset people here should be the NZ supporters for not beating SA in NZ earlier this year.

You were outclassed by the best. Your batting was solid but not enough.