• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm we know Crawley is here forever, but Lees has been out about 3 times this innings. I hope he goes, but I guess the winning side may change things.

Pothas

Hardly got to watch any of this series but feels very similar to the last time SA were here. A much more normal England at home series than the NZ one.

Pothas

Hmm we know Crawley is here forever, but Lees has been out about 3 times this innings. I hope he goes, but I guess the winning side may change things.
Yeah. Crawley has been such the focus that we have hardly noticed Lees not actually making many. Batting in the top 3 has been as hard as ever this summer though, Pope's season looks really good compared to anyone else that batted in the top order this year.

chris.hinton

International Captain
FTFY. And yes, 12 months does seem excessively long. You should do it right now tbh.

when u still have the chance.. :ph34r:
We have some good points, But even if we are the best test team in the World right now we have a few issues with Openers and spin bowlers. Baz will sort this and is beginning too. I suggest all nations enjoy this and raise a glass to this England side

chris.hinton

International Captain
Next test match is in December vs Pakistan, Always hard over there and i feel the development we will take a test to "get things right" before winning and Pakistan will sack their captain in response

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. Crawley has been such the focus that we have hardly noticed Lees not actually making many. Batting in the top 3 has been as hard as ever this summer though, Pope's season looks really good compared to anyone else that batted in the top order this year.
I think that's because Lees' figures for the first half of the season were a bit better than Crawley's, and we thought that he might be making progress. Then he spent three tests looking out of his depth against SA. Crawley, to some extent was the opposite, looking hopeless against NZ and India and not quite so hopeless against SA, taking the three tests as a whole. Pope's been our top scorer against SA, which is a good effort against that attack. And our most successful number 3 in ages apart from when Root was batting there, which is a good effort against these sides in English conditions.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Next test match is in December vs Pakistan, Always hard over there and i feel the development we will take a test to "get things right" before winning and Pakistan will sack their captain in response
As a side issue, I'm not confident that Broad will go to Pakistan after the way his dad was treated following the attack on the Sri Lanka tour bus in 2009.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Yeah it's basically Elgar and then 5 other batsmen until you get to the wicket-keeper. You can't win Test series when you only score one fifty the whole series.
Elgar our star besides him Petersen and Bavuma our triers...May need to go something like this next test match Elgar Markram(I prefer right left hander combo hope Markram comes right) 3, van tonder, 4 petersen 5. Bavuma 6. Rickelton(WK) 7, mulder 8, jansen/nortjie 9,maharaj, 10. rabada 11 ngidi. Bolder batting pics with potential not stop gaps I open myself up for a few other batting suggestions?...

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
What a performance. We are changing the world and improving our skills. As a token of goodwill we let South Africa win a test.

In 12 months you will compare this England side with Aussies of the 00s & West Indies of the 80s
you really are a dumb pom hey! arrogance is better on the aussies than you pomer! congrats England batted better than us in 2nd and 3rd tests.