• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Donald Bradman's average

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Aleksandr Karelin (USSR /Russia) "The Russian Bear"

Greatest Graeco-Roman wrestler of all time.
887 wins and 2 losses.
3 golds and one silver at 4 Olympics 88-2000.
Went 6 years without conceding a point.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chess is one of those games I get into for a bit once every 4-5 years, and I always forget how fun it can be

Almost impossible to compare a singles and team sport.But Walter Lindrum definitely deserves a mention if we are talking about Singles sportsplayer.Imo Australia’s 2nd best sportsplayer behind Bradman.

Shady Slim

International Coach
doesn't stack with the other names mentioned from a standard deviations above point of view but having watched a fair bit of ali recently i have to throw him into the mix too - i've watched a lot of sport, played a lot of sport, and there's just airs of invincibility i see in him that even as regards sportspeople who are statistically head and shoulders above their competition you don't see...

ashley bach

International Captain
If we're talking about mind sports, then Giorgio Belladonna trumps anyone and everything in sight.
He won an unprecedented 16 world bridge championships which is basically literally impossible.
Because bridge is always played with a partner, it takes two to tango. Since there are so many more variants in the game compared to chess,
dominating in such a way that he did has led to suspicion of fowl play, which has only now 60 years later been 99.9% proven(in most peoples mind)
Without exaggerating, an Australian by the name of Avon Wilsmore has dedicated his life into proving the case against the famous/infamous
Italian blue team which won 13 world championships between 1957 and 1975. In his most longest awaited book of all time ''under the table''he ventures
back to the days where every card or bid is analysed in detail. These days the game is under the microscope, every table has cameras recording
every detail, and with thousands of kibitzers watching each match live online, anyone caught cheating is basically banned for life pronto.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If we're talking about mind sports, then Giorgio Belladonna trumps anyone and everything in sight.
He won an unprecedented 16 world bridge championships which is basically literally impossible.
Because bridge is always played with a partner, it takes two to tango. Since there are so many more variants in the game compared to chess,
dominating in such a way that he did has led to suspicion of fowl play, which has only now 60 years later been 99.9% proven(in most peoples mind)
Without exaggerating, an Australian by the name of Avon Wilsmore has dedicated his life into proving the case against the famous/infamous
Italian blue team which won 13 world championships between 1957 and 1975. In his most longest awaited book of all time ''under the table''he ventures
back to the days where every card or bid is analysed in detail. These days the game is under the microscope, every table has cameras recording
every detail, and with thousands of kibitzers watching each match live online, anyone caught cheating is basically banned for life pronto.
I love this post. Someone achieves something which is literally impossible.

Then, fowl play. Pok-pok-pok-POKUUURRRRKKK!