• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Happy England win with ease day people

India have no ideas and are shell shocked. They will want to get the match finished soon. Bairstow & Root will get their 100s and it will be a good day. Sure we draw the series, India will be happy with that if there was a 5 match series 4-0 or 5-0 to England would be the score. We are the best in the world and are improving, Their are holes to fill and this will happen in time. You may call this arrogance but i call this realism the new world order has come and South Africa are next
It's really hard to mount an argument against any of this tbh

Howe_zat

Audio File
Happy England win with ease day people

India have no ideas and are shell shocked. They will want to get the match finished soon. Bairstow & Root will get their 100s and it will be a good day. Sure we draw the series, India will be happy with that if there was a 5 match series 4-0 or 5-0 to England would be the score. We are the best in the world and are improving, Their are holes to fill and this will happen in time. You may call this arrogance but i call this realism the new world order has come and South Africa are next
Ben Stokes' next presser: This but unironically

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
at this rate in about ten hours i'll be trying to estimate how tall hinton is from his posts

presumably something like 2.71 fathomsticks

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Psychological factors has always been why I've been sceptical of 4th innings chases in general and why I've repeatedly said on here that chases are hard beyond what objective pitch conditions would suggest. But this sort of approach radically changes things and flips it on its head; now it's the bowling side under psychological pressure to get control of the game or it'll be over bar the shouting before they can even react.
That might also go some way towards explaining why Australia have blown a number of 4th innings situations recently, most of them were done in by aggressive knocks from Stokes or Pant. I think as long as the conditions are still flattish I think the sign is to treat biggish 4th innings chases as an effective one-dayer.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pant has obviously been doing this sort of thing for a while.

Look back to Head in the ashes as well, different scenario as they were not in chases but similar sort of approach.

Think scoring rates had generally dipped in the previous few years so maybe this is a reaction.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It still amazes me that over a decade ago @Burgey decided to combine two things he didn’t like with the term ‘Gambhiring’ and all of CW including his arch-enemies just went along with it and took it into forum lexicon
Arch-enemies? It’s more of a symbiotic yet toxic relationship where parties benefit from each other’s presence - Burgey by gaining likes, dopamine hits (and the occasional mouth on the arsehole) and the ‘enemies’ by standing up for themselves to bullying and putting the fear of being called racist into everyone.

White Ball

State 12th Man
Think it’s 65 35 in Englands favour but England should win from here.

two caveats are I am hearing it’s overcast today so that could be good for India’s seamers also England have a long tail.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Broad at 8? Yeah you have a very long tail mate
broad has a ton, leach has an almost ton, jimmeh has the second most runs ever at his batting position. potts aside they seem formidable to me, a man who has never watched cricket before and only looked at box scores

Preed

U19 12th Man
Brilliant day yesterday so please England don’t undo it all today with one of our famous collapses.It somertimes seems to good to be true.One word about the abhorrent. Racial abuse Grow up.Did anyone think Koli was not helping with his ridiculous behaviour.Any other player would have got a ban