• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Flem274*

123/5
England have just been better tbh. Sorted our top order twice, Broad pulled us back and now Root + Stokes have taken charge.

NZs consistency has been all over the place since the wtc final and that's not a skill thing that's a mental thing. They can start with firing whoever is enforcing the standards in this team.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Agree - I hate this ho-ho-ho Kane just doesn't rate spinners so doesn't captain them properly thing. He simply doesn't involve a spinner in any kind of relevant way (outside of SC tours), never gets them into the game, and it's a waste. A minor deal in the scheme of things but still not good.
I think it's partly also that he went through age group levels with Southee and Boult and basically just always wants them to bowl.
That too does play a part. Southee generally doesn't part with the ball either. He's fit enough to bowl unchanged entire session which doesn't help. Then Boult will be in his ears too all the time.

Still putting in Ajaz's shoes his confidence would be shot. Besides majority of the balls he bowled was to Stokes and that didn't help. You cannot gauge a bowler based on 2 overs.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Morning sessions for NZ

Day 1 - lost 1st 7 wickets
Day 2 - bad top order collapse
Day 3 - lost last 6 wickets (unbelievable collapse)
Day 4 - don't look like taking a wicket. Heading for ignominious defeat

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Lads, was Henry fit and omitted from the XI? If so, I'm really surprised with that decision - especially with the reluctance to bowl Patel
Patel bowled well and took wickets in warm-up matches, he also took wickets when we beat England last year. With CDG back, Patel gave the attack balance.

White Ball

State 12th Man
England have just been better tbh. Sorted our top order twice, Broad pulled us back and now Root + Stokes have taken charge.

NZs consistency has been all over the place since the wtc final and that's not a skill thing that's a mental thing. They can start with firing whoever is enforcing the standards in this team.
Agreed but I do feel yesterday starting the day 240 ahead with 6 wickets in hand NZ should never have allowed England back into the game