• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Flem274*

123/5
spark sport highlights are actually pretty good because so few runs were scored.

showing a lot of twos and threes etc.

also wow england were cruising even at like 90 for like 2 or whatever. jeepers.

whoever scores a test ton will go a long way to making winning the match look like k2 for the opposition.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
What a day, cashed out my bet on England (made before the toss) with their score at 50/0. Might have another go tonight.

Overall was a very solid bowling effort after the first hour. Lord Colin deserves huge credit for doing the donkey work, keeping it tight and allowing the other 3 to rotate around him while NZ were wrestling for control of the innings. Really great bowling from Jamieson too, he really stopped the rot with a brilliantly parsimonious spell. His pace was largely low 130's, but he was swinging it both ways with good control which is obviously more important. Commented on it at the time, but Southee around the wicket to left-handers is becoming a thing now. When he's bowling well his control of lines is so outstanding that batsmen are always in two minds about whether to cover the inswing or leave it. And gotta hand it to Boult, looked rough around the edges in his first spell, but by the end of the day it was vintage tiny mouth.

With Colin in this kinda form, I've gotta think that Mitchell is surplus to requirements, but in Nicholls' absence I'm not sure who'd replace him.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Spark has his own highlights package?
Not for these. No in-house. Provided by the company that does those cricket highlights packages with the intro graphics with the thread (like Westworld).

25 minute package. On Spark.
Pretty good.
But didn't show e.g. Blundell over-turned LBW that I saw live. So, can only assume how many other LBW appeals, pays and misses, catches dropping short, or just plain dropped catches were ignored. So, in summary compiled by an ex-batsman.

Didn't show any of the ball tracking at all, actually.

But full or 1s and 2s. And didn't show 5 replays of the same boundary, like the lazy packages SkyNZ used to make.

These guys:

1654211083374.png

Attachments

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not for these. No in-house. Provided by the company that does those cricket highlights packages with the intro graphics with the thread (like Westworld).

25 minute package. On Spark.
Pretty good.
But didn't show e.g. Blundell over-turned LBW that I saw live. So, can only assume how many other LBW appeals, pays and misses, catches dropping short, or just plain dropped catches were ignored. So, in summary compiled by an ex-batsman.

Didn't show any of the ball tracking at all, actually.

But full or 1s and 2s. And didn't show 5 replays of the same boundary, like the lazy packages SkyNZ used to make.

These guys:

View attachment 31936
He was making a **** joke about the poster Spark

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
With Colin in this kinda form, I've gotta think that Mitchell is surplus to requirements, but in Nicholls' absence I'm not sure who'd replace him.
Surely, Nicholls is in for the second test. Covid, not a hammy or something. Isn't it?

Athlai

Not Terrible
What a day, cashed out my bet on England (made before the toss) with their score at 50/0. Might have another go tonight.

Overall was a very solid bowling effort after the first hour. Lord Colin deserves huge credit for doing the donkey work, keeping it tight and allowing the other 3 to rotate around him while NZ were wrestling for control of the innings. Really great bowling from Jamieson too, he really stopped the rot with a brilliantly parsimonious spell. His pace was largely low 130's, but he was swinging it both ways with good control which is obviously more important. Commented on it at the time, but Southee around the wicket to left-handers is becoming a thing now. When he's bowling well his control of lines is so outstanding that batsmen are always in two minds about whether to cover the inswing or leave it. And gotta hand it to Boult, looked rough around the edges in his first spell, but by the end of the day it was vintage tiny mouth.

We actually refer to "donkey work" as "Wagner work" now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
A nice surprise of a scorecard to wake up to and doubly so to see England didn't lose their first wicket until 59!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm actually going to lol if Ajaz doesn't get a bowl in this match.
I'm not a betting man but I'd be fairly confident that he won't. I reckon England will be chasing 200 tops and he isn't going to get a bowl if either a) we run through them or b) England are advancing to the target with a 30-40 over ball, on 120 odd or whatever. Bit of navel gazing there, but that's how I imagine it'll play out

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not a betting man but I'd be fairly confident that he won't. I reckon England will be chasing 200 tops and he isn't going to get a bowl if either a) we run through them or b) England are advancing to the target with a 30-40 over ball, on 120 odd or whatever. Bit of navel gazing there, but that's how I imagine it'll play out
Nah, I've flipped on my pessimism and I'm reasonably confident NZ will now set a 250+ target and Ajaz will have some work to do. But the team needs to take some notes from Lord Colin's innings. They can't be too focused on being defensive to conserve wickets or too aggressive to force the pace. Just play each ball on its merits without worrying too much about getting out.