• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time world test XI selection

Nikhil99.99

U19 Cricketer
Counting the votes Hammond is gonna be captain for the 2nd team.Just imagine the 2nd team vs 1st team.Hammond vs Bradman?.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
No 6 batsman should be a batsman first and foremost, as he will be at best the 5th bowler.

With that being said

Sir Frank Worrell

Allan Border

Hammond (really no great options there)

steve132

U19 Debutant
Hammond was a terrible captain despite his greatness as a cricketer. I'm astonished that so many people would select him. Steve Smith, whatever his flaws, is far, far preferable in that role.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Hammond was a terrible captain despite his greatness as a cricketer. I'm astonished that so many people would select him. Steve Smith, whatever his flaws, was far, far preferable in that role.
Yeah, I picked him and I agree with you. There are a lot of things to love about that 2nd XI but the leadership group isn't one of them.

Especially when looked at alongside the 1st XI where we have Bradman, Imran, Hutton, Sobers, Richards and Warne.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Hammond was a terrible captain despite his greatness as a cricketer. I'm astonished that so many people would select him. Steve Smith, whatever his flaws, is far, far preferable in that role.
As I said above, really no great choices there.

Isn't Smith kinda disqualified though .. don't think Australia would appoint him again,.could be wrong

HookShot

U19 Vice-Captain
Agree with Fuller Pilch. Watling ahead of Botham in the order as peak Botham was more of a bowling all rounder.

HookShot

U19 Vice-Captain
Botham was at his best when he had less responsibility, didn’t have to build an innings and had license to throw the bat.

That’s why he averages 40 at 7, but only 29 at 6.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha Steve Smith

pretty sure Graeme Smith is the one up for captaincy here

Steve Smith smh