• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at Adelaide - 16 to 20 Dec

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The captain who scores 87% of runs needing to also bowl 30 overs doesn’t seem the smartest move to me though
I hear that, but I feel like if the balance of the side requires him to bowl, he has to step up in responsibility and do that. This will give certain posters a woody, but I don't imagine Allan Border would've had any issue wheeling down 30 a day if that was what was required of him.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's this, yeah. Wood can't play every Test and they identified this one as a better one to miss than the others.

Not saying it's right but I don't think they picked Woakes over him for any other real reason.
OK, again I get it...but that's a hell of a risk if you are resting arguably your best bowler (Robinson, obviously too) from the first Test when you're 0-1 down. Not much use to you when you have to win three Tests on the bounce halfway around the world to regain the Ashes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I hear that, but I feel like if the balance of the side requires him to bowl, he has to step up in responsibility and do that. This will give certain posters a woody, but I don't imagine Allan Border would've had any issue wheeling down 30 a day if that was what was required of him.
Never heard of him sorry

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Going to bed soon everyone sorry, oops I drank too much so won’t be up for session 1, maybe 2, I’ll defo be up for Root reaching his double ton though, have a good day GAS and remember to stay 2 metres apart from all people at all times

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yes the real manly men Smith and Labu
Mate you follow a side comprised of human tooth picks ffs.

The greatness of these men is beyond reproach. They stare death in the face from fast bowling on bouncy decks and conquer it.

They don’t spend their time worrying about one hitting their ankle on the first morning from a bloke standing still at the other end practising his baseball pitching. Such things are beneath them.

sunilz

International Regular
I keep hearing from Sky sports commentators on YouTube channel that their bowling isn't the problem and is fine. But can someone remind me when was last time Australia lost a Test at home after scoring 400+ in their first attempt (1st/2nd innings of a Test match?)