• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at Adelaide - 16 to 20 Dec

Gob

International Coach
You're right, Aussie pitches are absolute dog**** that they probably made from dog**** to aid the cheats. Here in India we have variety with slow pitches, bouncy pitches, rank turners and so on.
Get the **** out of this thread

thierry henry

International Coach
I’ve gone the Australian style ‘RSL’ there but then apparently RSLs are pretty happening places in Aus so maybe the reference doesn’t translate

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim Ward will get a call up for the 5th test. With Aus 4-0 up and the match to be played in Hobart, Ward will dayboo with a sparkling 186* in the first innings.

Burgey

I don't understand why Kanpur was the comparison with Adelaide though? Is it also really boring with no high rise, no night life, terrible restaurants and weird, random murders?

ashley bach

International Captain
Tim Ward will get a call up for the 5th test. With Aus 4-0 up and the match to be played in Hobart, Ward will dayboo with a sparkling 186* in the first innings.
sounds like a good plan, but who will he replace?
surely Marcus will be gone well before that, perhaps bring him in for MCG

sunilz

International Regular
I don't understand why Kanpur was the comparison with Adelaide though? Is it also really boring with no high rise, no night life, terrible restaurants and weird, random murders?
Boring and low scoring pitch.

Burgey

The replays tend to show that wicket ball to Harris was probably the worst Broad bowled in the whole first session.

thierry henry

International Coach
I'm trying to work out what quality cricket we're missing here with Anderson taking a nearly circular path to the end of his run at about the speed of continental drift.
Don’t you get it, the only options are massive time wasting or massive time wasting + part timers. That’s just how it is.

Burgey

Boring and low scoring pitch.
Ah ok. Does the ball beat the bat a bit there like it does here? Is it your standard sort of Indian venue where at various points through the day you can't see the pitch through the smog, or is it like Dharmashala with some rare, clean air? IMO every Indian test should be played at Dharmashala. Beautiful place.

thierry henry

International Coach
Ah ok. Does the ball beat the bat a bit there like it does here? Is it your standard sort of Indian venue where at various points through the day you can't see the pitch through the smog, or is it like Dharmashala with some rare, clean air? IMO every Indian test should be played at Dharmashala. Beautiful place.
Smoggiest ground on earth. Extremely slow pitch where the odd one rolls.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don’t you get it, the only options are massive time wasting or massive time wasting + part timers. That’s just how it is.
Apparently so, or something.

I must say, speaking of Anderson, not exactly hustling them down here. That last one was 128.9. Does make you wonder about the concerns about his fitness, not being a spring chicken. He was regularly bowling mid-high 130s in the home season.