• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Would be a bit harsh on Mitchell given his strong start in tests, even with the extra spin bowling that Phillips offers.
Not sure if Mitchell has had a "strong" start in tests apart from his downhill skiing century. His bowling has looked innocuous most of the time.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if Mitchell has had a "strong" start in tests apart from his downhill skiing century. His bowling has looked innocuous most of the time.
His bowling is well below Test standard, I don't think there was an expectation that he'd ever offer anything with the ball. Probably only effective on the greenest of decks, by which time you'd expect the other 4 seamers to have cleaned up.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
His bowling is well below Test standard, I don't think there was an expectation that he'd ever offer anything with the ball. Probably only effective on the greenest of decks, by which time you'd expect the other 4 seamers to have cleaned up.
I assume Lord Colin will play this home summer anyway, probably his last season?

vandem

International 12th Man
I assume Lord Colin will play this home summer anyway, probably his last season?
Not sure. He has looked a little "pre-season" from video of the ND games.

But he is the kind of player that looks innocuous at test level, then you check the scoreboard and he has a useful 15-35-1 on day 1. Then on day two eases his way to 40 (60) before holing out.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think the spot is his, anymore. Hasn't bought a run for a few months now. In hindsight, even if he hadn't (apparently) removed himself from consideration for the Indian tour, he might've struggled to have made the flight anyway. Bearing in mind Mitchell wasn't on it, either.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The crapinfo Insta post just now shows both Virat and Kane. Dunno if its an old photo but does not seem to be too many concerns about Kane playing so far.

I guess his Kolon is holding up.