• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

Niall

International Coach
We started the day at a maybe a 1% to win and I reckon now we might be 5-10% with probably 50% of a draw. Spectacular stuff from Somers
India 4.3, draw 1.66 and NZ 5.9 on betfair at the moment so while the draw is the obvious favorite the chase is very much on.

Meridio

International Regular
Good session, to spell out the bleeding obvious. Still a long way away from either safety or favouritism to win so ideally just keep batting the way we are for another hour after lunch and see where we are. It's going to be hard to force the pace, plus we'll lose a few overs to light so India still unlikely to be too worried, but another good hour could put us in a tantalising position

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If these two can bat for another hour NZ would need to choke hard to lose.
Really? There's probably 65 overs or so to go, if India bowl predominantly spin (and around the 80th over, they may not).

We need 205 off 65 - 3.15 an over. Not impossible but higher than anything this match has churned out, and on a 5th day pitch that isn't full of demons but is pretty dead slow. If Somerville bats another hour, he's going to score at 2s max. Latham probably won't be in a hurry either. The draw is the favourite for a reason, but if India is paying $4s or so - that is outstanding value. I'm not Gambhiring either- scoring quickly on this pitch when India can slow things down as well, is not at all easily done

Shri

Mr. Glass
If ash and axar bowl unchanged next session, NZ will only get 60 and a draw or our win will be the only option in the last session.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really? There's probably 65 overs or so to go, if India bowl predominantly spin (and around the 80th over, they may not).

We need 205 off 65 - 3.15 an over. Not impossible but higher than anything this match has churned out, and on a 5th day pitch that isn't full of demons but is pretty dead slow. If Somerville bats another hour, he's going to score at 2s max. Latham probably won't be in a hurry either. The draw is the favourite for a reason, but if India is paying $4s or so - that is outstanding value. I'm not Gambhiring either- scoring quickly on this pitch when India can slow things down as well, is not at all easily done
Yeah but I said they'd have to choke hard to lose, not that they'd win.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
229-3 in the three sessions since lunch yesterday. Wickets may not be easy to come by now, but run-scoring obviously isn't straightforward either.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I just hope for a Williamson master class for a run a ball hundred to win the match to make this match memorable...

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Anyone know the answer to this? I can't find anything. I can't particularly remember any, either
Numerically. The biggest I can think of is Stu Gillespie with a 28 in a bore draw v Australia in 1986.

But there was a significant one by Danny Morrison in the 1990 tour of Pakistan discussed in the "best inning of x runs" thread. In a loss, though. Cant remember whart he scored, but about 30. But it was a long time batted, involving peak Waqar.

Edit. I looked it up. 4 hours by Morrison for 25 runs.

Last edited: