• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shame for Somerville. Batting well but Latham's slowness just got to him. Sad for the guy.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
His away record has been a point of criticism when it comes to comparing the top four. Ensuring a win here would raise his stocks.
I don't quite know why. Its not like he has not scored centuries. He has terrible stats against SA in SA, and most of those matches was against the best bowling attack in the world at the time. He has been adequate against Eng and Ind, decent against everybody else.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India 4.3, draw 1.66 and NZ 5.9 on betfair at the moment so while the draw is the obvious favorite the chase is very much on.
Hate to be the party pooper, but draw or Indian win are the only real possibilities. NZ aren't chasing this, but good chance to bat out the draw.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now runs are leaking from Umesh. Latham's even making the bowlers lose it. Has a player ever caused such negativity?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't quite know why. Its not like he has not scored centuries. He has terrible stats against SA in SA, and most of those matches was against the best bowling attack in the world at the time. He has been adequate against Eng and Ind, decent against everybody else.
It's cos we don't play as many away Tests and somehow people see this as us automatically failing.

Genuinely the only away series right now that I don't see NZ winning or drawing is in Australia.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The problem with the 1 slip and gully approach is that you need to have a third man so that the good ball does not leak 4s. But of course, modern captains just dont think its worth it to ensure good balls dont go for 4 as much as ensuring bad balls dont go for 4s.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It's cos we don't play as many away Tests and somehow people see this as us automatically failing.

Genuinely the only away series right now that I don't see NZ winning or drawing is in Australia.
I think NZ will still struggle in SA... but lets wait for that Test series to happen first.

anil1405

International Captain
When it comes to identifying who is the best among the top four, it boils down to smaller details and Kane's average in India, England, Sri Lanka and South Africa goes against him. Well it doesn't help the fact that NZ plays less test cricket compared to other sides.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Match is very winnable. The myth of bowling teams being able to negate runs in the final session went up in smoke years ago.
If this was the Gabba or Eden Park, I'd be with you but don't see this as a 'flick the switch and have a late lick' type of pitch.