• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Nah sprained neck is not the same as stiff neck, I think. And again, there maybe rules on the levels of injury if you want to get down to that level but as far as being fair goes, that can be managed with a neutral doctor being part of the match staff IMO.
I think that's a bit naive, and I think you're unlikely to get a definitive diagnosis for most minor muscular injuries.

With neck injuries we rule out anything serious - i.e. anything to the spinal column or any potential fracture with neurological features. Once this stuff is ruled out, we take a big sigh of relief, go and see more important patients and then once we're done might come back and give someone some paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Then have a look at musculoskeletal tenderness - these things are reassuring signs and then we can put down the diagnosis "neck sprain not otherwise specified". Basically the physical assessment is all about ruling out serious concerning injury. Then we can give e.g. muscle relaxants and pain relief or whatever.

If people want a definitive diagnosis of muscular neck pain they can go and order all types of fancy and expensive MRIs etc which may or may not come back with something definitive. But from the point of view of most I doubt you're going to get a super definitive diagnosis of neck pain when there are no serious symptoms.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but that should just be a case of **** happens. "Injuries" is too nebulous term to just automatically allow substitutions for it.

The Saha injury is "stiff neck".

Well ****, I get that walking down the street on a summer's day.
Stop walking on your ****ing head then

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Terrific effort so far by Latham. I guess he is seen as a bit of a SC expert and he has certainly shown why. Of course, our captain keeps giving sighters by bowling seamers needlessly with the new ball is annoying but he has been pretty much chanceless even against the spinners.

I hope sense prevails and we actually see Ashwin and Axar bowling in tandem at least post lunch. If they need about 210 in 2 sessions, and we get another hour that fetches only 30 runs then I think the win will slowly go out of the question for NZ too, so it will be interesting to see how they start post lunch.

Athlai

Not Terrible
We started the day at a maybe a 1% to win and I reckon now we might be 5-10% with probably 50% of a draw. Spectacular stuff from Somers

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
JUz so annoying to watch this clueless display from India with the ball, tbh. Ash and Axar have bowled like 18 overs between them for like 24 runs and yet we have seen 10 overs of the ****ing seamers. ?

I understand Umesh or Ishant bowling now and them trying short stuff and yorkers etc but at the start of the day, you give your best bowlers the best chance with the new ball. Woeful captaincy and now drops the ball at slips too.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Latham being selfish again. Literally ruining it for NZ. He's going to cost them 9 wickets more

Moss

International Vice-Captain
What a good session. Love how this test continues to shift back and forth.

Very much an uphill climb still for NZ. Goal should be to get to tea 1 or max 2 down and then evaluate what's possible.

Niall

International Coach
JUz so annoying to watch this clueless display from India with the ball, tbh. Ash and Axar have bowled like 18 overs between them for like 24 runs and yet we have seen 10 overs of the ****ing seamers. ?

I understand Umesh or Ishant bowling now and them trying short stuff and yorkers etc but at the start of the day, you give your best bowlers the best chance with the new ball. Woeful captaincy and now drops the ball at slips too.
Rahane is supposedly a tactical genius, but heh at least he has his batting to fall back on.

Very odd that Siraj was not picked for this test, much better than the 2 seamers on display.