• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2021/22***

Howsie

International Captain
Good engine rooming from Chu and bowlers. Wonder if it's a sign pitch has flattened out though - Alexandra is usually pretty flat isn't it?
Jake Gibson is probably a little better then a bowling all rounder for FC level. Have no idea why he’s batting at 10 here

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought it was fairly interesting that in the match where seamers where shooting fish in barrels Kugglejugienglene took 1 for 55
I don't enjoy seeing cricketers fail, generally speaking, but I've always viewed Kuggle-juggle as lacking the skills to succeed at international level and should never have been given a chance anyway - there are better players. Then there's the admissions he made in court. So, I will say I don't like to see him do well.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I don't enjoy seeing cricketers fail, generally speaking, but I've always viewed Kuggle-juggle as lacking the skills to succeed at international level and should never have been given a chance anyway - there are better players. Then there's the admissions he made in court. So, I will say I don't like to see him do well.
There's been a few posters on this forum who have really pushed him as a real talent and should play more of a role but tbh I've never really seen it myself in terms of what he offers with bat and ball.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
There's been a few posters on this forum who have really pushed him as a real talent and should play more of a role but tbh I've never really seen it myself in terms of what he offers with bat and ball.
Certainly not in FC cricket. Could conceivably play a roll in LO cricket with his pace and slogging ability, but overall he’s probably better suited to being a gate keeper to the national side by exposing the likes of Allen to a little taste of high 140’s bowling in domestix.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, exactly. The prospect of him playing is the only thing tempering my excitement about Cobham Oval hosting a Super Smash game for the first time in five years this summer.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Certainly not in FC cricket. Could conceivably play a roll in LO cricket with his pace and slogging ability, but overall he’s probably better suited to being a gate keeper to the national side by exposing the likes of Allen to a little taste of high 140’s bowling in domestix.
I mean even in L/O he seems like a bit of a discount James Neesham. Faster, sure, but that just means the ball goes into the stands quicker.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Man, having the livestreams for the Plunket Shield is awesome. It's a great watch at the moment seeing Max Chu battling his way towards a maiden FC century with Otago 9 down. Now we just need to sort out a CW commentary stream and we're sorted.
:toot:

ataraxia

International Coach
Yeah, Chu's not the typical engine-roomer. Plays defensive knocks; despite being an engine-roomer born in 2000 his SR is sub-40.

Ghost

U19 12th Man
I thought Tim Robinson might’ve been a shoe in for the Wellington A T20 games today given his form in the format at club level. Maybe he has exams?

nzfan

Super stoked to see Chu get a hundy. He was so close recently. I see shades of Watling in him, the gutsy scrapper type. Of course not comparing technique which BJ had ingrained given he was an opener from the start but the back against the wall stuff.

nzfan

I thought Tim Robinson might’ve been a shoe in for the Wellington A T20 games today given his form in the format at club level. Maybe he has exams?
Or maybe he's already in the lineup and needs no practice games to prove he's good enough.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Chu is also a really nice mature kid. He was head boy at Otago Boys and he had a really good attitude when he watched my kids playing BYC at a Volts game last year before they got his autograph. Would be good if the likes of Chapman and Chu encourage more youngsters of Chinese extraction to get into cricket.

Chubb

International Regular
Chu is also a really nice mature kid. He was head boy at Otago Boys and he had a really good attitude when he watched my kids playing BYC at a Volts game last year before they got his autograph. Would be good if the likes of Chapman and Chu encourage more youngsters of Chinese extraction to get into cricket.
I agree but thought Chu was Vietnamese-NZ? I might be wrong.