• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Paine ***ting scandal, will resign

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
what changed is pretty a simple: a media organisation was able to line the ducks up and be in a position to run the story, including the other person's complaint, which has obviously led to Paine and CA accepting the game is up and that the captain of the national cricket team can't head into an Ashes summer with that hanging over his head.

which he couldn't
Which is exactly right. He's not dropped from the side, he's removed as captain. And that's fair - no organisation wants someone in the top job who has done something that morally bankrupt. For everyone who says it's attributable to the modern day morality culture, worth remembering that Shane Warne was far and away the most skilful captain post Waugh, but wasn't considered (bar a few games).

A lot of people suggesting England's chances have gone down now...that fate is in Justin Langer's hands. And if we all know Justin Langer, he'll pick Tim Paine - even if there's 10 better options. Because Justin Langer is a stupid prick who gets way too carried away about things, and he'll extoll the virtues of Paine and nauseatingly tell why he deserves redemption and he's a wonderful man who unfortunately decided to send a photo of his **** to someone that wasn't his beautiful wife.

I have to admit a little bit of schadenfraude (sp) in this regard. Always was a chest-thumping, jumped up little prick Tim Paine - all the while had skeletons in his closet and ended up in tears of confession. Somewhere in Ranchi, Ravi Ashwin will be having a wee giggle.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Which is exactly right. He's not dropped from the side, he's removed as captain. And that's fair - no organisation wants someone in the top job who has done something that morally bankrupt. For everyone who says it's attributable to the modern day morality culture, worth remembering that Shane Warne was far and away the most skilful captain post Waugh, but wasn't considered (bar a few games).

A lot of people suggesting England's chances have gone down now...that fate is in Justin Langer's hands. And if we all know Justin Langer, he'll pick Tim Paine - even if there's 10 better options. Because Justin Langer is a stupid prick who gets way too carried away about things, and he'll extoll the virtues of Paine and nauseatingly tell why he deserves redemption and he's a wonderful man who unfortunately decided to send a photo of his **** to someone that wasn't his beautiful wife.

I have to admit a little bit of schadenfraude (sp) in this regard. Always was a chest-thumping, jumped up little prick Tim Paine - all the while had skeletons in his closet and ended up in tears of confession. Somewhere in Ranchi, Ravi Ashwin will be having a wee giggle.
This made me laugh so hard... I would love for somebody to explain what he did that was so morally bankrupt?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This made me laugh so hard... I would love for somebody to explain what he did that was so morally bankrupt?
And in turn, your reply made me laugh. Explain to me which part of being married,with young kids, and sending an unsolicited dick pic to a work colleague is not morally bankrupt?

Always thought Paine was a weak prick. Crying over something his wife has had to deal with for years while he got to go on with life confirms that

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
And in turn, your reply made me laugh. Explain to me which part of being married,with young kids, and sending an unsolicited dick pic to a work colleague is not morally bankrupt?
My understanding was that it was not unsolicited? I have no real idea what was going on in his personal life, and truthfully I would not want to know. That is for him, his wife and his girlfriend to sort out, I'm not going to be making any sort of judgement on him. And I am certainly not gonna be calling the man morally bankrupt because of some article I read in a tabloid. And I really don't see how it has any relevance to his ability to captain Aus on the field.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, fully appreciate your perspective.

I, however, will judge him. Massive prick who goes out of his way to beat his chest, drag other cricketers down, have the audacity to tell Kohli his team mates don't like him...all the while amongst the fact his wife had every right to not like Paine himself. I don't usually care about personal lives but when someone actively tries to make people feel worse about themselves, I feel some sense of justice when it comes back on him and he blubs.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My understanding was that it was not unsolicited? I have no real idea what was going on in his personal life, and truthfully I would not want to know. That is for him, his wife and his girlfriend to sort out, I'm not going to be making any sort of judgement on him. And I am certainly not gonna be calling the man morally bankrupt because of some article I read in a tabloid. And I really don't see how it has any relevance to his ability to captain Aus on the field.
We dont quite know whether it was solicited or not atm. But the claim from the woman is that it wasnt, if we're going by what the allegations are then its not great I suppose.

Ok, fully appreciate your perspective.

I, however, will judge him. Massive prick who goes out of his way to beat his chest, drag other cricketers down, have the audacity to tell Kohli his team mates don't like him...all the while amongst the fact his wife had every right to not like Paine himself. I don't usually care about personal lives but when someone actively tries to make people feel worse about themselves, I feel some sense of justice when it comes back on him and he blubs.
This is all a bit OTT lol. I dont even think Ashwin's wife hates him this much.

greg

International Debutant
What is it about (ex)Australian captains feeling the need to blub all the time? Does that actually help their public image and draw sympathy somehow? Some sort of public penitence act?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
In a statement, Cricket Tasmania said the allegations against Paine were only raised when “formal charges of theft” were laid against the woman