• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the Ashes 2021/22

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
So in the past couple of weeks Pucovski has had another concussion, Pattinson has retired, and Stokes has returned (wish all 3 well for different reasons). Definitely bonuses for England.

cnerd123

likes this
Sounds as if he CBF to spend a month or two in quarantine on the off chance he'll be promoted to the main party given "working on my batting" maybe isn't the most convincing reason to miss a trip where his presence is literally predicated on that very activity.
tbf it's probably easier to work on your game while at home and away from a competitive environment. Better headspace to actually make improvements in.

FBU

International Debutant
Maybe they will use the same bowlers for every Test. Mark Wood has said he thinks he can play 5, which would be a miracle but he could be used in 4 over bursts.
Anderson Robinson, Broad Wood
I am sure Australia will play the same bowlers - Hazelwood, Cummins, Starc and Lyon. Since Pattinson retired I think the next in line is Jhye Richardson.
Hearing that Wood's ankle problem has returned and has had an injection in it means he won't be playing all Tests as he hoped. Maybe two at the most. Just in time Stokes returns.
Burns Hameed Malan Root Stokes Pope Buttler Robinson Wood Broad Leach for the 1st Test?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now it looks a bit more interesting - add Matty Parkinson to the squad too and we might have a contest

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
will stokes be ready by the 1st test? also is smith fully healthy? the series looks much better balanced now and if the answer to the 1st question is yes and the 2nd one is no, i would say it has tilted slightly england's way...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hearing that Wood's ankle problem has returned and has had an injection in it means he won't be playing all Tests as he hoped. Maybe two at the most. Just in time Stokes returns.
Burns Hameed Malan Root Stokes Pope Buttler Robinson Wood Broad Leach for the 1st Test?
Wood is a series to series proposition where tests are concerned

He will be going down the t20 route sooner than later