• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - France, Germany, Hungary, Portugal

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Didn't play brilliantly but hit the post and had 2 goals marginally ruled out for offside. My 4-0 prediction wasn't actually a million miles away.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
France still kinda feel like less than the sum of their parts, but the sum of their parts is so ****ing enormous that it doesn't even really matter.

I think it might be that both of their full backs are converted centre backs, which is very rare nowadays. Makes them worse at dominating the ball but better at soaking up pressure. I was pretty bearish on Germany, and still am, but it's really not the easiest attack to completely shut down like that.

Germany are mediocre, but at least they're mediocre in an interesting way. Looking forward to the rest of their games tbh.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
From the brief highlights package I watched Germany came across as clunky, in the 2018 we can see they are trying but it's not quite coming off as smoothly as it's supposed to way.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
From the brief highlights package I watched Germany came across as clunky, in the 2018 we can see they are trying but it's not quite coming off as smoothly as it's supposed to way.
calling back muller was not a good idea imo. He’s done and past his prime (not going to account in several bundesliga performance in recent times). As average as werner is, he’s the best available option really. Also hes a better link up with havertz. With the formation that low is preferring, it looks like germany can build attack only from right side through kimmich and theres no one to finish it up. Goals will be hard to come by. Good that low is leaving after this tournament.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Muller is destroying assist records in the bundesliga and I’ve heard he’s been one of Germany’s best players in the past year, not that that’s much of an achievement.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Muller is destroying assist records in the bundesliga and I’ve heard he’s been one of Germany’s best players in the past year, not that that’s much of an achievement.
there’s also huge fan pressure too for his inclusion. Maybe I’m wrong. He was pretty ineffective last night.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nah that was 2009 (the playoffs for the 2010 tournament)

2002 was when they came to KOR/JPN as defending world and european champions and contrived to get knocked out in the groups
And came to the World Cup with the top scorer in England (Henry), Italy (Trezeguet) and France (Cissé) and contrived to score 0 goals.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Shame that the ref didn't have the stones to award a penalty at the end there, despite VAR having a look at it. The defender was virtually rugby tackling the French guy trying to attack the corner.