• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka’s Tour of the West Indies-2021- All Format

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
how’s the pitch been playing?
It’s held up quite nicely. There were a few balls that kept low.

Footmarks are there but hardly any prodigious turn...
It’s a road with not a lot of potholes...a donkey cart ride on it would not feel bumpy at all.

Woodster

International Captain
it's WI, their batting is...uh...well let's say they haven't found a Nissanka
I appreciate they do have a propensity to collapse in a heap even in such favourable conditions. Still fancy them to make a fist of it in this second dig, but while players got in and out in the first innings they will need someone to go big to take it deep into the last day.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I just think SL are bowling way more sensibly than us. They are pitching the ball up and giving it a chance to do something. Gabriel wasted our chance to do that.

Woodster

International Captain
I did say I think WI will make a fist of it in this second innings and when you look at the batting line-up it is based on a hunch and how this pitch is currently playing. With Bonner, Mayers and Da Silva in the top seven, it is inexperienced but I was impressed by what I saw mainly from Da Silva in the first innings.

Players such as Brathwaite and Holder who are used to the expectations and pressures of a fourth innings chase will be crucial.

Woodster

International Captain
How often does that right shoulder of Brathwaite come through and he gets seemingly squared up? Does it still happen as frequently when he’s in good form or is it a case of him battling with his technique at the moment?

Beamer

How often does that right shoulder of Brathwaite come through and he gets seemingly squared up? Does it still happen as frequently when he’s in good form or is it a case of him battling with his technique at the moment?
All the time regardless of form. I think it is what is holding him back tbh.

Beamer

I do think that whatever happens tomorrow the selectors have some food for thought.

Our bowling, which was so good from 2018 to 2020, has been off target for 3 series in a row now. Jason bailed us out in the first innings but couldn't do it twice in a row.

It is now definitely a pattern. Shannon and Kemar are getting old now, we need to start planning for life without them. Alzarri is not up to it at this moment, he bowls too short. A stint in county cricket should sort that out.

We have loads of pace talent, let's start introducing them and seeing what they bring to the table.

Having said that, Nissanka was genuinely solid as a rock. You can see why his FC average is do good. He's going to do well

Niall

International Coach
Is John Campbell just a really ****e Devon Smith?

Surely even if it is getting a limited overs hitter to open it would offer the same value as Campbell?

Aritro

International Regular

Surely even if it is getting a limited overs hitter to open it would offer the same value as Campbell?
He does seem to occupy the crease long enough to take some shine off the ball, which has some value I think.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year

I know everyone would disagree, but I can't see what would be so terrible about trying out Shai as a test opener. He has the technique, temperament and class to make it happen. And sorry, I also don't think Kraigg is up to the job. I know it's test cricket, but he does and always have batted too damn slow.