• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you can bowl just 2 types of deliveries in test matches, what would they be?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warnes standard leg break and the mystery one he’d tell media he was working on before every summer
This is actually a great call. All you'd need is those 2 balls, the big leg break and the straight ball that looks just like a big leg break and you absolutely clean up

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
The problem with bouncers and yorkers is that they’re not easy to bowl effectively so if that’s all you’ve got you’re going to concede a lot of runs for few wickets.
I’d just take Glenn McGrath’s stock ball outside of stump and count the wickets. :smartass:
Exactly!! Even though some people can bowl it with a fair bit of accuracy and yorkers with movement are tough to deal with, there will be plenty of scoring opportunities for the batsmen, especially in longer formats.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is actually a great call. All you'd need is those 2 balls, the big leg break and the straight ball that looks just like a big leg break and you absolutely clean up
To make it more generic, any time you can get the ball to do different things but with the same action and release, you are golden.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rashid Khan is the closest I have seen. And Anderson's wrist snap is hard to pick at point of delivery.
Maybe Mohammad Asif or Glenn McGrath cutters off the pitch. Nigh impossible to play those but not sure to what extent they were deliberate, and how much was just natural variation. McGrath always claimed that he would hold the seam different ways for leg and off cutters but I'm not convinced that it was anything more than just hitting the seam and hoping it would move.