• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand- #1 ranked test side for the first time ever

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or pick one of Taylor, Nicholls, Wade, or Head all of whom have issues (instead of CDG).
Just last year you guys were talking about Ross Taylor as if he was one of the best batsmen in the world and now you're leaving him out for the likes of Latham? And mentioning him in the same sentence as Travis Head? That's a long way to fall

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
God no. I nominate @Dan. He could do a better job in 15 minutes a day than Langer on a full time contract.
Oh cool, here's what we'd go with (on current form - Boult being rotated to maximise Jamieson h4x):

Warner
Latham
Williamson *
Smith
Labuschagne
Watling +
Santner (5)
Jamieson (4)
Cummins (1)
Wagner (3)
Hazlewood (2)

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I think the last time most cricket followers I know were in agreement the no.1 test ranking was well and truly deserved, was that 2012 series in England when Graeme Smith's South Africa won 2-0. "Haven't done well enough abroad", "haven't beaten side X in 15 years", "Stat padders at home" - good luck impressing anyone outside your fanbase these days.

Still, a significant enough moment for NZ given how things were ten years ago. All the talk then was about how test cricket needed a two-tier system and generally how teams outside the big three and South Africa were beyond much help. The fact that NZ could emerge from times like those and get to the no.1 ranking (however skewed the home and away performances may be), is worth acknowledging by anyone with an interest in the wider game.

Flem274*

123/5
old man ross would absolutely love a heave at #6

realistically he's on the downward curve. he needs a date with jimmy anderson and the kookaburra to get the 20 tons so he can retire in peace and focus on odi h4x.

Flem274*

123/5
auckland coach heinrich malan (domestic coach of jamieson, ferguson, guptill, the colins and phillips) could get on quite well with langer i suspect. he loves all that elite motivational stuff, and tbf jamieson, ferguson and phillips have all bloomed under his tutelage.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Oh cool, here's what we'd go with (on current form - Boult being rotated to maximise Jamieson h4x):

Warner
Latham
Williamson *
Smith
Labuschagne
Watling +
Santner (5)
Jamieson (4)
Cummins (1)
Wagner (3)
Hazlewood (2)
I wanted to replace the name Langer by adding Dan instead of the Lan, and guess what the word became. :p