• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Australia in England 2020 (Non-Ashes)*****

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Safe to say that Rashid call has not worked at all.

Like, did he do that for lols? Curran literally won us a game from this position earlier in the year.

hazsa19

International Regular
What a shot! Had to go with Curran though. Can’t see Starc bopping him over the stands first ball.

Bijed

International Regular
Safe to say that Rashid call has not worked at all.

Like, did he do that for lols? Curran literally won us a game from this position earlier in the year.
Yeah, I can get being funky if they need 4 or something, but with 10 to win you make the safe call for your death bowler

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
10 from the last over with 2 tailenders in and you bowl Rashid and not curran? Silly, silly donkey.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well that did not work out did it.

So much good cricket this summer though, all went better than anyone could have expected.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, I can get being funky if they need 4 or something, but with 10 to win you make the safe call for your death bowler
Yeah 10 is easily defendable with conventional death bowling. Morgan guilty of being too funky with amount of Root he bowled and Rash last over. Aus deserved to win because of the brilliance of Maxwell and Carey but we've thrown it away quite a lot. Good series though some great cricket.

Jack1

International Debutant
Ridiculous overly funky captaincy bowling Rashid final over. Free hit for Starc compared to bowling Wood or Tom Curran. 10 to win I would back Wood or Curran to defend against two fresh batsmen.
Rashid 7.4 overs 1-68. Very, very expensive.

Bijed

International Regular
Feels like there's been quite a few impressive comeback wins across the summer. It's been good

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Credit to Carey and Maxwell, one of the great stands.

Morgan doesn't get much wrong, but surely pace from Wood was the way to go for the last with two lower order batters who both hit a long ball new to the crease?

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
Any bowler would‘ve been a better option than Adil ****ing Rashid at the death. Pisstake of a decision.

Bijed

International Regular
Any bowler would‘ve been a better option than Adil ****ing Rashid at the death. Pisstake of a decision.
If I'm honest, I could have understood using Rashid if Carey & Maxwell were still in. It's not what I'd have done as I doubt it would have worked and I would have still had more faith in one of Curran or Wood (probably Wood) but if those two were at the crease, I'd have backed them to get 10 against any of our bowlers so could forgive rolling the dice. But having got ourselves into the relatively strong position of having two tailenders (admittedly not rabbits) to bowl at it just felt like Morgan was making the move Australia would have most liked us to make.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maxi is an ATG ODI player

Sum of his parts type fella

The strike rate will always be high
The fielding will always be A+
The bowling will always be useful

Hes essentially a moderate upgrade on Jonty Rhodes with a touch of Afridi