• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome win for England, congrats to their fans! So used to seeing them fold in these situations, where did this never-say-die attitude over the past few years come from? Is it all to do with the personnel or is it something more fundamental?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome win for England, congrats to their fans! So used to seeing them fold in these situations, where did this never-say-die attitude over the past few years come from? Is it all to do with the personnel or is it something more fundamental?
Fewer southern softies.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Went to sleep last night expecting to read about a Pakistani win.

Wow, test cricket - greatest game of all.
Congrats to England. Pleased for Woakes (often overlooked) and Buttler who would've been scapegoated in a loss.

Commiserations to Pakistan - hope they can stay in a good place mentally and still at least draw (preferably win) the series.

trundler

Buttler at 6 will be worth it going forward now. May have turned his career around. Bring in Foakes and rest Jimmeh. Was a typical Pakistani meltdown though. They've had a lot of 2 test series where they win one and melt in the other. Hoping for a turnaround here.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Buttler at 6 will be worth it going forward now. May have turned his career around. Bring in Woakes and rest Jimmeh. Was a typical Pakistani meltdown though. They've had a lot of 2 test series where they win one and melt in the other. Hoping for a turnaround here.
You didn't mean Woakes, did you.

And I'm glad you're not too despondent. Pakistan have won tests over here after falling behind before, notably in 1982 and 2001. And in 1954 of course. But you probably knew that.

There are all sorts of ideas floating around about England's team for next week. I'd bring in Crawley so that Root, Stokes and Pope can drop a place in the order. Pope's probably OK where he is actually, but some extra insurance would be nice. And that's all assuming that Stokes can bowl again. If so, none of these 11 over spells please captain. It's hard to disagree with those who think Archer should make way to accommodate the extra batsman. If Anderson is rested, which seems to be current rumour, then it comes down to Wood vs Curran. I'd pick the latter as the match is being played in England, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if they go for Wood's extra pace. if they did pick Curran, maybe Leach gets a look-in instead of Bess, but I think that's unlikely. If Stokes still can't play as one of five bowlers, then Curran definitely comes in to bat after Woakes.

trundler

Oh yes, I didn't. Phone corrected Foakes to Woakes as I'd typed that before. A better gloveman is urgent imo.

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
Buttler has made me eat my words. Top performance. Woakes, what an amazing cricketer and a beautiful man. Love it. Glad we beat these obnoxious little ****s. That dwarf Shah was a chirpy little **** all the way through the test, safe to say he wasn’t chirping at the end. Well done England.

Howe_zat

Audio File
For the first time this summer I'm missing work, all the Pakistan fans I know in person are my students.

I'm considering getting a haircut in order to find a Pakistan-supporting barber and talk to them about it

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
For the first time this summer I'm missing work, all the Pakistan fans I know in person are my students.

I'm considering getting a haircut in order to find a Pakistan-supporting barber and talk to them about it
I was going to say that their best batsman isn't really a barber but thought better of it.

Sounds like your classes look similar to mine. Sixth form college?

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
The questions on Buttler shouldn't go away. His batting is still far too hit and miss and his keeping is just poor. I'd rather a full time keeper in the side.

hazsa19

International Regular
Buttlers found something with the bat so keep him in the side as a 6. He’s not a test keeper, he’s just not. Foakes takes the gloves.

Also we seem to have developed a nice habit of winning tight matches.