• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@Spark How could u not stack the cordon for a left armer to the right hander with 4 to win and tailenders to come? Like, seriously, how? Was he planning to give Woakes the single to bowl at Bess with 4 to win?

Spark

Global Moderator
@Spark How could u not stack the cordon for a left armer to the right hander with 4 to win and tailenders to come? Like, seriously, how? Was he planning to give Woakes the single to bowl at Bess with 4 to win?
Seriously I'm amazed at that. What on earth is going through your mind that you have two slips in this situation.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'll say it for him. Howe predicted a 3 wicket win at the start of the innings.

Unbelievably good from Woakes and Buttler. England's most extraordinary impossible run chase since the last one.

Commiserations to our Pakistani CWers. I hope your boys aren't totally demoralised by this one and are able to come back strongly next time.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wasim says Abbas was unlucky and Yasir was unlucky and Naseem was under bowled. So basically, a pitch that is doing so much on day 4 and a varied attack and they all did well and still lost? 8-)

Spark

Global Moderator
Anyway the go with Buttler is simple now: tell him to pretend literally every innings he plays is either a 4th innings or one-day chase. He looked so much more composed and authoritative at the crease than he usually does trying to play "properly".

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Champion partnership from Jos and the Warwickshire Whirlwind.

Thought we were gone for all money at 117/5 and, tbh, thought both were at least a spot too high in the order, but fair play. Great ticker.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For England -

Have to rest Anderson and drop Archer now. Bring in Crawley or bat Woakes at 3 :p But seriously, I would think its time to bring in Crawley and Wood instead of those two and go back to a more traditional batting line up next game. Not too many other things I would change.

For Pakistan -

Many opportunities lost due to pretty poor captaincy and **** attitude from Yasir, the main spinner. But he is still a quality bowler, so won't be doing anything drastic. Just get it into him to be more aggressive and seize the moment when things are breaking for him. Not sure of any changes to the side, apart from seeing if Shadab really is the guy to play as the allrounder as his bowling seemed surplus and not very good even on a track that was helping him immensely. Also gotta bowl more Naseem and use Abbas when you are only looking for control. Have to attack with Naseem whenever there is a threatening partnership. Shaheen is just an Amir reincarnate and don't expect him to run through batting line ups and win matches. Lot rides on Abbas, Naseem and Yasir and I would rather see at least two of them try and be the wicket takers depending on pitch conditions and match state at any point of the game. But the tactics and strategy today were absolutely piss poor from them and as well as Buttler and Woakes batted, it was Pak who lost the game.

England First

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Under 50, I heard Warne sneering that any bowler who bats a bit is called an all-rounder in England, but Woakes looks such a proper batsman when he plays well.
I posted before the event that he should bat at 6
And a few posters laughing and mocked me.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
seems Sony wont show the punditry from sky. Anyone knows how I can watch the sky feed river somehow? PMs can be our friend.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Suppose that was as good a time as any to start studying. Excellent win for England. Probably the most glorious bit of tail trolling from England.

Preed

U19 12th Man
As a perpetual criticiser of Butler I hold my hands up for to days performance .Maybe this will convince him that he is a test batsman.No praise high enough for Woakes must make him a shoe in for next test.my team Burns Sibley Crawley root Stokes Pope butler woakes broad wood leach

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Suppose that was as good a time as any to start studying. Excellent win for England. Probably the most glorious bit of tail trolling from England.
I know its a hard loss to take, especially given how bad the captaincy and spin bowling was leading to this defeat but you guys were ahead of the game for 3.5 of the 4 innings. Which means with more sensible captaincy and better attitude from the bowlers, you guys will be very very tough to beat.