• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Flem274*

123/5
there's no point in moaning about commentary. the generation x and boomer doesn't want informed analysis, he wants to listen to strong, emotional, exciting opinion. this extends into every area of society which is why our media and politics are so terrible.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Just got home from Melbourne, flight last night was cancelled after sitting in the plane for over two hours while they worked on the engines ... then today instead of flying direct back to Wellington, we had to go via Sydney. Have had two hours sleep ... tour from hell for the supporters as well!
Ah so the bad luck charm all tour was you.

Flem274*

123/5
It’s weird how Cummins is shorter and slower and yet when Starc hits the same length as Cummins he seems to be less ‘into the deck’. Cricket defies physics.
depends how much 'downwards' effort is going into their deliveries tbh for want of a better term. i fiddle around with skiddy vs into the deck. i find bowling skiddy way easier to control my pitch map. starc is very tall so will never get truly terrible bounce but he's always been skiddy for his size. he used to be so so floaty before he got good.

thierry henry

International Coach
depends how much 'downwards' effort is going into their deliveries tbh for want of a better term. i fiddle around with skiddy vs into the deck. i find bowling skiddy way easier to control my pitch map. starc is very tall so will never get truly terrible bounce but he's always been skiddy for his size. he used to be so so floaty before he got good.
Yeah but to get the ball to a certain length from a certain height at a certain speed surely requires a specific downward force. Hashtag mysteries of cricket.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Out in the members atm and today I finally got to do what Bill Lawry has always told me to - came down to the ground on my way home from the beach and the shops after hitting up Bondi and Tamarama this morning.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Well done to get through that Blundell ... more impressive signs.

Channel 9 of old would have been absolutely giving it to him!

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It’s weird how Cummins is shorter and slower and yet when Starc hits the same length as Cummins he seems to be less ‘into the deck’. Cricket defies physics.
Yeah but to get the ball to a certain length from a certain height at a certain speed surely requires a specific downward force. Hashtag mysteries of cricket.
The answer is that Cummins probably has a higher release than Starc. Starc bends over a lot and has a very low release for his height. They had some measurement during the Brisbane test against SL last year and Starc's release was only 6cm higher than 5'10" Richardson's.

thierry henry

International Coach
The answer is that Cummins probably has a higher release than Starc. Starc bends over a lot and has a very low release for his height. They had some measurement during the Brisbane test against SL last year and Starc's release was only 6cm higher than 5'10" Richardson's.
I’ve heard Starc described as ‘slingy’ yet his arm looks pretty vertical to me. His issue is an extremely long delivery stride. Fix that and maybe he’ll be bowling 170kph

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
there's no point in moaning about commentary. the generation x and boomer doesn't want informed analysis, he wants to listen to strong, emotional, exciting opinion. this extends into every area of society which is why our media and politics are so terrible.
Is this satire? I'm gen x. I really miss the great analysis of the past be it in sport, politics, culture whatever.

I used to think Paul Holmes was a bit average but compared to excrement like Seven Sharp and The Project he appeared a genius.

Watch old political debates between Muldoon and Lange then compare that to Jacinda and Simon. I really miss informed analysis. Our media used to apply critical thinking and in depth analysis. Now Stuff and the NZ Herald produce garbage and don't even proofread.

Flem274*

123/5
Is this satire? I'm gen x. I really miss the great analysis of the past be it in sport, politics, culture whatever.

I used to think Paul Holmes was a bit average but compared to excrement like Seven Sharp and The Project he appeared a genius.

Watch old political debates between Muldoon and Lange then compare that to Jacinda and Simon. I really miss informed analysis. Our media used to apply critical thinking and in depth analysis. Now Stuff and the NZ Herald produce garbage and don't even proofread.
im trolling a tad but youre also a person who posts on internet forums i.e. the 0.1% of cricket fans