• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Cricketers do you dislike?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Genuinely need to ask.......why?
Beats me too, I dislike most English cricketers but Cook is always someone I never had any problem with, seemed a decent level headed bloke.

He did call Andre Nel an idiot once, but I can understand that, I liked Gunther but he was as mad as a meat axe back in the day

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Mark Taylor, the tubby bastard held out other more talented batsmen from the side when he wasn’t adding to the team at all.
Phil Tufnell, Michael Vaughan and any other loser who thinks terra nullius existed in Australia before 1770.

I have a long list of disliked players who I think are overrated.

I really dislike/d Matthew Hayden.
I feel like you say this every second post

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
What about any Bermuda player who does that?
Lol sure, but mostly the English supporters claiming any Bermuda, Kiwi, Safa or anyone with talent and then changing the rules to win. Absolutely makes me feel bad anytime my team wins when the umpires make a dodgy call. I can’t understand how others feel elated at winning WC or any other match with it being so tainted.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, I was simply curious why one person is disliked for something while the other person is not, for the same thing. There is nothing to argue if he had just said "Dhawan", for example. He tried to bring in some rationale and I asked why he is not applying it equally for someone else.
This is very fair actually. Burgey being exposed here.

Daemon

This is very fair actually. Burgey being exposed here.
Nah. Like if I say "I hate Warne because he's a massive dickhead" that doesn't mean I then also need to go on and list every other Indian douchey cricketer that's played the game to show I have a balanced view on things just so I don't get called out for hypocrisy.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Ed Cowan comes across as a right prick. You could tell he would have been incredibly smug in the dressing room by virtue of writing a diary without using a ghost writer.

OverratedSanity

Nah. Like if I say "I hate Warne because he's a massive dickhead" that doesn't mean I then also need to go on and list every other Indian douchey cricketer that's played the game to show I have a balanced view on things just so I don't get called out for hypocrisy.
yes you do. shut up

Burgey

The bloke can say what he likes, I just found it a Bob Beamon standard jump to go straight from “I think X is a dick for doing Y” to “But Z gets a pass.”

I mean, it’s Glenn Maxwell ffs. if you think I give him a pass for anything cricket-related since the WC semi final of 2015 you’re sadly mistaken.

Or maybe just a little bit sad. I dunno.

Burgey

I think Ed Cowan comes across as a right prick. You could tell he would have been incredibly smug in the dressing room by virtue of writing a diary without using a ghost writer.
Yeah. Smug bugger. Though tbf not needing a ghostie basically makes you the Stephen Hawking of cricketers.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Lol sure, but mostly the English supporters claiming any Bermuda, Kiwi, Safa or anyone with talent and then changing the rules to win. Absolutely makes me feel bad anytime my team wins when the umpires make a dodgy call. I can’t understand how others feel elated at winning WC or any other match with it being so tainted.
You deserve a ban for this ****e.

Hope you know the context