• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

cnerd123

likes this
If Root had burned England's review out of desperation, only to be followed by Stokes getting sawn off with two to win, I absolutely 100% would have said 'lol shouldn't have wasted your review ****s'

Teams that don't use DRS properly is equivalent to dropping a catch or making a crucial misfield IMO

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Root had burned England's review out of desperation, only to be followed by Stokes getting sawn off with two to win, I absolutely 100% would have said 'lol shouldn't have wasted your review ****s'

Teams that don't use DRS properly is equivalent to dropping a catch or making a crucial misfield IMO
Exhibit A your honor.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think deep down pre-Stokes partnership he was doing fine. Maybe a couple of tactical clangers but the first one was made to look worse by the new ball quicks bowling pies, and the second one was corrected pretty much straight away. I felt like he lost his head a lot in that partnership, though I don't know if Smith would've done any better, for example.

Emotion is a crazy thing though. Need to be more like PEWS.
No one needs to be more like PEWS

Burgey

Yeah but you're completely wrong. You'd defend Ted Bundy if he was dressed in umpire kit.

Burgey

Stokes' comments interesting here RE DRS being wrong about it being 3 reds. Said it clipped his front pad and didn't spin.
Mirrors what a lot on here have felt about the tracking on it doing odd stuff at times

I think that LBW would have been clipping but the tracking having it turning so much was bollocks and so is this "worst decision ever" dreck.
Oh well, we take the player's word for it instead. That being so, I'm afraid Leach was out because Paine thought it pitched in line...

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah but you're completely wrong. You'd defend Ted Bundy if he was dressed in umpire kit.
Team makes mistake that costs them the game. Wasting reviews is no different to any other mistake.

A teams failure to use DRS properly doesn't excuse a bad decision. That's not what I'm saying. But they failed to use it properly and it cost them the game. Just like they failed to hold onto catches, collect a throw properly, throw to the right end, score runs or take wickets. It's a team's mistake. If it happened the other way around and cost England I'd be saying the same.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
As it’s a Bank Holiday in England tomorrow (now today as it’s 1:15am) I decided to stay up and listen to a load of stuff on the BBC website. Michael Vaughan said that given that England had a review left and Australia didn’t Wilson should have given it out so they go upstairs and have a look. Hmmm. Anyway, sleep time. It’s been a good day.
Even though this vastly increases the chances of it being given out eventually?

OverratedSanity

Haha so glad it was Lyon who bottled it. He talks far too much **** for someone who belongs to an inferior class of human (ie) finger spinner. Would've preferred Warner or Smith fumble it but this'll do.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Even though this vastly increases the chances of it being given out eventually?
Either way, the likelihood of DRS upholding or overturning a decision shouldn't come in to an umpire's thinking at all. Make your decision based on what you see and hear. Vaughan as usual is full of ****.