• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And let me just say it’s a case of glasshouses when criticizing home crowds
Yeah, no. Our crowds will actually appreciate a player's milestone rather than being wankers over something that had nothing to do with them. Typical insecurity from you lot.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, no. Our crowds will actually appreciate a player's milestone rather than being wankers over something that had nothing to do with them. Typical insecurity from you lot.
Remember booing Broad in 2013 though? I'm not saying Aus crowds are as bad as this one has been, we wouldn't boo a bloke that had just done something great like that, but we're not perfect.

91Jmay

International Coach
All this talk about his average going below 60 but there is no reason it couldn't actually go up. This game is over, Moeen has been dire and Anderson injury screwed us.

Absolutely wrong. The entire 2006 Brisbane test the crowd were singing “flintoff is a wanker” due to is amazing exploits in 2005. And his crime to cop that? Playing really well...

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Remember booing Broad in 2013 though? I'm not saying Aus crowds are as bad as this one has been, we wouldn't boo a bloke that had just done something great like that, but we're not perfect.
It disappeared though, at least in the series I watched. As I said, we can be more boorish but are less vindictive.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Meh, it’s not all of them. I think he should be clapped off like. At Headingley 09 Ponting was booed on and clapped off. That’ll probably be the case in some of the other venues. Hope so anyway.