• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
What a happy happy day!
I know right. Just think how lame the knock out matches would've been if Pakistan had qualified ahead of NZ? The first semi would've been a typical India 350, Pakistan 180 affair. And the final would've featured the two least likeable sides in the tournament besides Pakistan. We need to learn to treasure the things that matter.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know right. Just think how lame the knock out matches would've been if Pakistan had qualified ahead of NZ? The first semi would've been a typical India 350, Pakistan 180 affair. And the final would've featured the two least likeable sides in the tournament besides Pakistan. We need to learn to treasure the things that matter.
Oi leave us out of it :(

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Far out, what a performance by the Blackcaps in the end ... I didn’t give us much of a hope before the game ... I gave us zero hope before the tournament! Somehow they performed so much better than the sum of their parts. An inspiring tournament ... I want to forget it right now, but I hope I can look back on it with fondness in time.

Since I’m an NZ doom and gloom merchant I don’t think we’ll ever get that close again, so much is stacked against us, but a side like this gives me a glimmer of hope.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
In the end England also had to beat Lords and how they consistently try and prepare a pitch that suits the opposition.

Extra special!

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
What is wrong with you? Be civil. This is a thread about England and New Zealand. I expressed my happiness over the result and I am indeed very happy that England won a thriller. Appalling that you find the need to divert the thread.

Nauq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Good on england
But feel bad for newzealand
Having just held on to make it to the semi’s
Not scoring a lot of runs in the semi final and then defending it
You would think luck is on their side this time
But well england had lost 3 finals already so maybe better luck newzealand next time

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
it is what it is folks. I mean could you script a movie better than this? I mean Guptill hitting a hundy was our dream FU result, little did we know he would only need 2 off 1 in a god dayum super over (from the extra ball Archers first ball wide provided). Not as gutted as I thought I'd be, I had already conceded it it what it is once it was a super over.

MY GOD.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
What is wrong with you? Be civil. This is a thread about England and New Zealand. I expressed my happiness over the result and I am indeed very happy that England won a thriller. Appalling that you find the need to divert the thread.
I'm just so so happy that we got to watch actually talented cricketers like Trent Boult and Jofra Archer in the final, and didn't have to worry about spot fixing hacks like Muhammad Amir soiling the occasion.