• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Dissector

International Debutant
Feel bad for Taylor getting a bad decision in a World Cup final and not having a review. Seems to me that in important knockout games, each team should get two reviews. A few extra minutes is a small price to pay for reducing the chances of an umpiring mistake in a big game.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just shouldn't give the umpires the option to make a bad choice in the first place. Only have yourself to blame in those circumstances really.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Heh nah thanks. England won a close match, and while NZ had a bit of bad luck with Stoakes supermaning England an extra 4 runs, it's really not worthwhile dwelling on these things. Could you imagine if I was to start a thread about how the ICC should nullify the result, and spend days whinging until I was blue in the face about how unfair it all is and how NZ really deserve to be champions? Honestly you'd have to be a **** poster to do something like that.
I don't want to be too harsh on you because I am appreciate how gut wrenching this must be for you. I feel for you Bahnz, I really do. To win a WC and to see their fav team win a WC is the biggest joy for a sportsman and for a fan respectively. The likes of KW and Boult have had it cruelly snatched away from them. I really appreciate how hard it must be for you to cope so I don't really want to talk about your ramblings about Mohammad Amir or Pakistan or the weather in Greece.

We just had a great WC final. The deserving team won. Let us English fans (for the day at least) celebrate in peace. Tough luck, NZ played well.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Just shouldn't give the umpires the option to make a bad choice in the first place. Only have yourself to blame in those circumstances really.
Yep, this. How Guptill and Nicholls couldn't decide between them that it was stone-cold dead, is ****ing criminal.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
So Bahnz can derail the thread with his nonsense and I can't even reply to it? Nice! Well done. Spark must be proud of herself with all that power. 50k posts and the power on an internet forum to delete random posts wow. Bigger than POTUS!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yep, this. How Guptill and Nicholls couldn't decide between them that it was stone-cold dead, is ****ing criminal.
Yeah this is essentially it. I guess it comes down to a lack of experience really. Not the worst exposure of inadequacy I have ever seen by any stretch, but one hopes they take some time to reflect on this. Hopefully they will emerge as better players as a result.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So Bahnz can derail the thread with his nonsense and I can't even reply to it? Nice! Well done. Spark must be proud of herself with all that power. 50k posts and the power on an internet forum to delete random posts wow. Bigger than POTUS!
Please don't assume spark's gender.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
State of this thread. Sledger could not be doing much more and he still not making the worst posts.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
I think people are probably quickly coming round the idea that you're a troll. You don't seem stupid (as in thick) so do hang around so just stop baiting other posters.

Because it's weird behaviour, if nothing else.

Spark

Global Moderator

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Got a feeling tournament final threads going to **** is a CW tradition

Up the ****ing English though

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think people are probably quickly coming round the idea that you're a troll. You don't seem stupid (as in thick) so do hang around so just stop baiting other posters.

Because it's weird behaviour, if nothing else.
This sounds like an attempt to stifle innovative posting and fresh attempts to instigate debate. Disappointing.