• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yes and No. England have an Aussie coach and play like us so its us going into the finals.
Give over mate :) . We play way better than your lot now . England's style is custombuilt and draws a lot of inspiration from the South Africa, Aussie and New Zealand sides of the recent past . It's also built around the fact that we don't naturally produce a great deal of spin or pace bowlers recently and the Kookaburra don't suit our naturally occuring talents well . So we spent most this century always playing second fiddle to these great sides full of lusty batsmen and crafty Kookaburra bowlers .

Not any-****ing-more .Win or lose , England has found a way to compete at the top level. It aint that long ago 300 seemed improbable to us .

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Immaculate from England. Truly. Didn't see this coming.

I hope cricket is popularised in whatever country wins the final.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This thread only went 71 pages compared to almost 200 pages for the 1st semi. So much for the rivalry! Boooo

Congratulations England. Final will be lovely.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm feeling pretty emotional. This will be the first world cup final I'll watch live. I don't know how to deal with England being in one.

smash84

The Tiger King
Well played England, congratulations on reaching the final after 27 years.

Hard for me to decide who to support in the final. But I am glad we will have a different winner this time.

Heboric

International Debutant
usually teams just rock up and half-ass a 3rd/4th playoff game unless there is actually something at stake. They do it at Associate level, but there it's tied into funding and extra opportunities and stuff.

Superb stuff from England. Well done.
Yeah its the pits although sports like Rugby Sevens those type of matches do count for league points for the season.

Plus the 15 man game if you won the third place playoffs you didnt need to qualify for the next World Cup (although I am not sure they do it anymore)